ortho tricyclen lo?

I'm 17, 5'1 and weigh 98 pounds. My gyno told me that i should start ortho tricyclen lo birth control for fewer periods that will not last long. What are some outcomes or side effects from this pill? I heard that people have gained weight. Have experienced headaches. Clearing of acne. As well as breast growth?- which i wouldnt mind. Anyone who IS or WAS on the pill can you tell me your opinion about ortho tricyclen lo? thanks.

Favorite Answer

I am currently on Ortho Tricyclen Lo and I have been on it for nearly 2 years now. It is one of the better birth controls because unlike others, it has low amounts of estrogen (which leads to breast cancer, etc). You are a tiny girl, so a low dosage should obviously work for you otherwise your doctor wouldn't have recommended it but to answer your question, I did have headaches for the first couple days but only because my body was getting adjusted with the medicine. I also did feel pretty bloated for a good 2-3 months. You never really have a "skinny" feeling day. It should not cause weight gain because of the low dosage. You may experience slight growth in your breasts, but I wouldn't count on it. As for acne, it may or may not clear it or help it, but it definitely does not hurt. The only thing about this pill is because of the lower dosage, the benefits besides stopping pregnancy and the disadvantages aren't really present. Also, the first month or two it takes to get adjusted you may have your period a little earlier than expected and it may start with the brownish discharge for a couple days prior to that. Overall, it is a great birth control especially if you think you may be on it for a while. One thing I can say is that it does reduce cramping SIGNIFICANTLY as well as the lighter flow.

• puran

nicely, defiantely do no longer pass off bc thoroughly, you must make specific you're staying secure. yet, in spite of the reality that, any style of bc can result your skin, weight, moods, intercourse force, etc. no depend if it fairly is hormone based. Ortho Tricyclen-Lo continues to be hormone based so the adjustments you're seeing are fairly probably from it. in many cases those issues will mellow out and probably pass away completely with a sprint time because it takes the physique sometime to comply with any new medicine. although, if it does not pass away interior the 1st 3 months or so - or you experience you in basic terms basically won't be able to attend that long to be certain - communicate to your familiar practitioner approximately attempting a distinctive style of bc. yet, till then do no longer provide up taking it, they are able to frequently start up you on some thing new with noticeably lots no lapse in time in between the previous and new ones. good success

I was on this for about 6 months, I had absolutely no problems from it, and it did regulate my period, but that's what we were aiming for.

i have been on it for years and i have no side effects at all. but i guess that everyone is different.

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq