Did Mike Gravel retire his campaign for Democratic Nomination?

If he did retire, when?

• ¥
    Favorite Answer

Hell no. That man is still in the race, and it's a damn shame that he didn't and won't get the nomination. He'd make ten times the president Hillary or Obama would make.

He is a man of truth that needs to be heard!

Edit: Do not listen to indeges1. Mike has never quit.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results...

Look at the list on the side. He does not have that OUT label. indeges1 probably believes that Mike quit the race because he's been censored from all of the debates! CNN, MSNBC, and ABC would not allow him and Dennis Kucinich into the debates because they "did not meet the requirements of funds raised and delegate count", which is total BS.

The media is brainwashing America into picking certain candidates. Ron Paul barely gets any time to speak. They allow the major candidates (such as Hillary, Obama, Edwards, McCain, Romney, and Huckabee) more time than they do the others.

Dennis Kucinich actually tried suing MSNBC because they would not allow him into their Democratic debates. He won the case, but did not get much time to speak.

This is one reason why I believe people believe Mike has dropped out. His face is never shown because he's an honest candidate. During one of the YouTube debates, he took Obama head on and asked him about the money he's been getting from the lobbyists (of course Obama denied all allegations).

I'm sorry for ranting, or wasting your time like this, but something needed to be said!

EDIT: I don't think so. This may sound like an "unreliable" source, but he has posted videos on HIS YouTube channel that he is still in the race and that he's going to be until the nominee has been selected.

MSNBC DID give some false information about Mike Gravel dropping out of the race. After Mike heard that, he promptly contacted them and told them to change what they have said.

I am trying to find the video in which is talks about Dennis Kucinich not mentioning him during a debate, when both of them were omitted, but I cannot find it as of now.

However, here is a link to a video about MSNBC and misinformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhtEAalGzQ

Youtube thumbnail

And if there is any possible way that you, indeges1, can find a video of his speech of quitting, then please post it up.

Gravel was the first to quit, even before Chris Dodd and Joe Biden.

He wanted to stay in it, but he ran out of money. He couldn't pay his staff, he couldn't run ads for himself or against anyone else. He had to quit.

Add-on:

No, I don't believe he quit because I don't see him anymore. I believe he quit because I saw the speech in which he said that he was quitting.

I saw it on CNN, Fox News, and the Daily Show. I also read about it the next day in The New York Times and The Greenville News (local paper).

Kind of hard for me to believe he is still in the race if he himself said he quit. I do know he still speaks out on the various other campaigns; which are now down to two (Obama and Clinton) but had considerably more candidates at the time Gravel quit.

I suspect that most of you believe he is still running because of these speeches and comments he still makes. But he quit running for the Democrat nomination some months ago.

• MFD

According to Wikipedia...

Gravel vowed to stay in the presidential campaign until November

i've got have been given heard and watched him indoors the Democratic debate. he's humorous yet honest in assessment to a pair particular Senators indoors the Democratic race. yet isn't probably he will ever win yet he's honest.

• DAR

Not as of yesterday.

If you can't vote for Ron Paul, vote for Gravel.

At least he gives the Constitution more than lip service.

--

here, it looks like he might not be on the ballot everywhere, but he looks like he is still in the race.

In any event I am sure you can write him in.

http://www.gravel2008.us/front

Don't think so, at least he can say he's in 3rd place! woop.