solitary play?

can anyone please give me real life situations of kids, and, solitarty play, or cooperative play, or associative play? thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Solitary play is when children pretty much have no interest in playing with other children. Example, two children playing in the same room but not paying attention to one another.

Parallel play is when children play near each other but are not doing the same thing. Example, two children are playing at the same table, one is doing a puzzle, one is coloring.

Associative play is when children play near each other with similar toys, but they're not really playing together. Example, two children playing in a sandbox, but each is working on his/her own thing...not working together to build something.

Cooperative play is when children are working together towards a common goal. Example, two (or more) children are working together to build one block tower.

Source(s): Former preschool teacher.
  • 3 years ago

Solitary Play

• Donna
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Usually kids engage in solitary or parallel (playing next to someone, but not interacting) play during the toddler years, and then start to engage with other children around the age of 3.5. of course, for some children this happens much later. Children should be encouraged to play with others their age early on, so that they can develop social skills. Sometimes kids are shy, or aren't sure how to begin playing woth others, so they might need a little help to get an "in." If your child is past the toddler years, and entering (or already in) elementary school, you may want to look into why he or she is not engaging. Some causes of this kind of behavior are Autism and Asperger Syndrome. If you are concerned, you may want to get your child evaluated so that you may help him or her out of her shell. I recommend lits of play-dates, preschool, summer camps, and a lot of communication with your child's teachers and other caregivers.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

solitary play?

can anyone please give me real life situations of kids, and, solitarty play, or cooperative play, or associative play? thanks

Source(s): solitary play: https://biturl.im/uJEIG
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.