Form I-864.Help!?

Hi,

I just got married and my husband is filing the form I-864 Affidavits of Support for me, because he will be my sponsor because he qualifies for it. Do I have to file another form with this one?Tks...

Favorite Answer

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

Proof of current employment or self employment

A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

If you are using the income of persons in your household or dependents to qualify as a sponsor, you must also submit a separate Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, for each person whose income you will use.

Only the US spouse needs to file the 864.

Yak Rider is right. however, if you're already in the US and working, then your income would also be included. If you're outside of the US, your income won't normally be a factor at all.