how to get greasy build up from inside bottles?

hi i have 6 children but i have breastfed the first five but have had to bottle feed my now 4 month old son. It seems no matter how much i scrub the inside of the bottles i cant get this greasy film from inside the bottle especialy the nipples. I have tried using the dishwasher, hand washing and then sterilising them but no combinations seem to work. Is there a trick to it any help or sujestions would be greatly apreciated.

i do use a bottle brush and they are the tommy tippee closer to nature bottles.

i am also in australia we dont really have the bottle bags

• Cupid
    Favorite Answer

I rarely use a bottle because I breastfeed also, but on occasion I use one for going out with my son. The best thing to use is a bottle brush with really hot soapy water. Also boil the nipples and/or plastic liners.. or soak them in extremely hot soapy water, followed by a bottle brush. I think the bottle brush is the trick. Make sure your nipples and plastic liners are BPA free before placing under extreme heat. ;-)

Source(s): Mom of a 6 month old ;-)

I use antibacterial Ajax dishwashing soap and it cuts the grease. You should just put on some yellow rubber gloves, make the water unbearably hot and take a bottle brush to it. Even put a dishwashing cloth over the bottle brush so you can actually wipe it good with the cloth inside. I once got a greasy film on a pump part from sticking it in the dishwasher and I must admit that it took a few hand washes like this. I don't put any of my baby's things in the dishwasher because of this.

I've never had a greasy feel in our bottles. i use really hot soapy water. I wear plastic gloves so I can handle the heat. I let them soak about 5 minutes, then scrub with a brush. I boil the nipples and bottles every few weeks too. They are BPA free so the heat doesn't effect them. My dishwasher also does a great job.

Use rice or sand with warm water and give them a really good shake. The 'gritiness' will help get the grease off but the best is hot soapy water and a bottle brush. Rinse the bottles with hot water as soon as your baby has finished their meal.

Wash your bottles in a mixture of washing up liquid and a dash of salt, scrub wit a bottle brush and make sure you rinse throughly in hot water, works like a charm.

I had a hard time with that, too. I just changed to the disposable bags--like Playtex nursers. That was sooooo much easier, and I knew my babies always had a nice clean bottle. I always bought the off-brand bottle bags. They work just as well, and are much less expensive.

What type of bottles are they. I found that the cheaper the bottles the greasier they seemed. Spend a little more and get a good name-brand bottle.

I havent had that prob. I use a bottle washer and hand wash them. my SIL said not to use antibacterial soap, that causes a greasy film on it.

use a bottle brush

use a degreasing dishsoap, i use dawn or palmolive and that problem seemed to go away, and use a bottle brush.