Jimmy Neutron....episode Nickelodeon?

There is an episode of "Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius" on Nickelodeon where Jimmy is acting strange at a family party and his father makes a comment about "He is not even ours he is adopted." This INFURIATED me when I saw it and I wrote to everyone and everybody I could think of affiliated with... show more There is an episode of "Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius" on Nickelodeon where Jimmy is acting strange at a family party and his father makes a comment about "He is not even ours he is adopted."

This INFURIATED me when I saw it and I wrote to everyone and everybody I could think of affiliated with Nickelodeon to explain how this was inappropriate and could be very hurtful to young adoptees watching. No surprise I never got a response.

So my question is......Am I overreacting or should writers and producers be called on this?

The reason I mention this today is because the episode was on again earlier this afternoon.
Update: I did not post this is entertainment because I do not think the posters there would understand why I found it offensive.
Update 2: The episode in question is : "Clash of the Cousins" EPISODE 47 A/B - “CLASH OF THE COUSINS”/“WHO’S YOUR MOMMY?” “CLASH OF THE COUSINS" The entire Neutron family has gathered to celebrate the birthday of Great Aunt Maybelline. When Jimmy’s present to Maybelline explodes, everyone suspects him of... show more The episode in question is : "Clash of the Cousins"
EPISODE 47 A/B - “CLASH OF THE COUSINS”/“WHO’S YOUR MOMMY?”
“CLASH OF THE COUSINS" The entire Neutron family has gathered to celebrate the birthday of Great Aunt Maybelline. When Jimmy’s present to Maybelline explodes, everyone suspects him of fowl play. But the explosion was the work of another Neutron at the party, an evil genius Neutron, and Jimmy has to find out who that genius is before the entire family is destroyed.
Update 3: The episode in question is : "Clash of the Cousins" EPISODE 47 A/B - “CLASH OF THE COUSINS”/“WHO’S YOUR MOMMY?” “CLASH OF THE COUSINS" The entire Neutron family has gathered to celebrate the birthday of Great Aunt Maybelline. When Jimmy’s present to Maybelline explodes, everyone suspects him of... show more The episode in question is : "Clash of the Cousins"
Update 4: Viacom is the Parent Company for Nickelodeon.

Viacom Inc.
1515 Broadway
New York, New York 10036
(212) 258-6000
Update 5: Nickelodeon
1515 Broadway
New York, N.Y. 10036
(212) 258-6000
Update 6: Nickelodeon Magazine
1633 Broadway
7th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Update 7: Nickelodeon Studios
231 West Olive Avenue
Burbank, CA 91502
Update 8: Nickelodeon
Los Angeles:
Voice: 1-818-736-3000

Nickelodeon
Orlando (Nick Studios):
Voice: 1-407-363-8800
This is the creative team alphabetical directory
Update 9: I think I should clarify why I was so outraged. My daughter (7 y/o ) heard the comment and wanted to know if Jimmy was adopted. And I told her no and then she wanted to know why his dad said that.

And yes Sunny I am just noticing what you must have experienced your whole life!
Update 10: BTW Gonzodog DD is first grade and is taking third grade Math and Language Arts......she taught herself to read at four years old and is only allowed two hours of TV a day for very.
good reasons. She is now reading Harry Potter.... in Latin. So I assure you we have the "reading" covered.