Jobs for 15-year-olds?

What jobs can you get at 15-years-old?

Please list some options?

Thanks.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The best place to get an answer to your question is with your school's guidance counselor's office. You will probably need a work permit and will be limited on the hours and days that you can work because you are a student. The school can help not only with the permit but advise you who is hiring. The alternative is to hit the streets and start filling out applications and asking for interviews, which can be a very long process.

• 4 years ago

Try seeing if someone in your neighborhood needs there dog walked, or if a friend of your parents has a child that needs like after school babysitting. I remember one summer I was I think 13 or 14 I babysat my next door neighbor for about 6 hours a day and as much as I did not like giving up my summer days, I made about 100 a week. Which at the time was alot. But thats alot more then can be expected in babysitting, but if you find someone kind you could make a nice chunk of change. I dont blame you for not wanting to work fast food! I would never want to either. Most i've known to work at like mcdonalds completly hated it and where treated like crap. But they will hire you at 15 if your desprate haha.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When I was your age I put an ad in the newspaper for a Mother's Helper. This encompassed so much more than babysitting. I would do light cleaning, child care, dog walking...whatever. I even had one client who had a dog kennel as her business. She taught me how to groom dogs so I groomed as well. I filed for her if she needed it it her office. I had some clients that paid me around 5-6 bucks an hour (this was 10 years ago), and a couple that paid me upwards of 10-15 per hour. I was raking it in for my age. Key is to bust your but when you are working for a mom, trust me she will tell others. I have a 13 year old mothers helper now that is a stellar sitter and she does laundry. For example she came over one day last week. I am pregnant, exhausted and my 3 year old wanted to play. She played with my son for the day, while doing laundry and when he napped she vacuumed and dusted! When my fiance got home he paid her 100 dollars. She was over from 7-4. But she busted her but. I also pass her name on to anybody interested, she has gained 2 clients from my referrals alone.

Good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Systems Analyst

Foot model

Hand model

Smoking Cessation Counselor

Documentation Clerk

Gem Cutter

Chain link fence installer

Choir director

Technical writer

Canvasser

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't try the internet, very hard to make money off of it. You'll find an easier time getting a job at a nearby store. Baggers, cashiers - they make decent money, great for you if your 15 yrs.

Fast food industry is tough, and pays terrible, wouldn't recommend.

• 1 decade ago

Cutting lawns was the way I started...Ask neighbors if there are little odd jobs you can do...However, if there are older folks (retired) nearby, volunteer to take the trash out, wash dishes - just little things.

Agree to a wage before you start...Do the very best you can and make sure the customer is satisfied with your work...Just remember - school first, then work.

All the best.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can easily get a job at a restaraunt either hosting or bussing tables, or you can go work at a grocery store as a stocker, you could also work at the local pizza joint making pizza's

• 1 decade ago

what about babysitting, they charge about 10 dollars and hour , now days, but don't go for children under two, but toddlers and elementary school age kids, perfect, they will look up to you, and you will enjoy it to, another option is homework helper or tutor, good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a paper round or go into work places and c if u can do cleaning jobs

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Appliance salesman, forklift operator, cabinetmaker, baggage screener....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.