What was your favourite car you owned?

I used to love Vauxhall Cavaliers - but not any more. So which car you owned , holds the fondest memories?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Its my present car which is a Audi TT Coupe 2.0. I lalso had great affection for a bug eye sprite I owned in the 60's, an M G Midget in late 60', MGB in early 70's, Fiat 1300 SL Coupe in the 70s, Fiat X19 in the 80's, Lancia Trevi in the 80's, Lancia Delta Turbo in the 80's, couple of Ford Puma 1.7's, MG TF 160, and most recently an Audi TT roadster.

I have owned many other cars for which I had little affection but the ones I have mentioned provided me with a lot of fun .

• dzerjb
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I love Skodas! My first was a beige 110L registered in 1970. I bought it for £300 in 1974 & sold it in 1976 for £295. It was the ideal student car, police wouldn't give it a second look so you could get away when other cars got noticed. It was very reliable, but rusted terribly. "Interesting" handling if you were stupid though.

Nowadays I still drive a Skoda - diesel felicia estate. We bought it new over 10 years ago. Mechanically it's a VW & could easily do another 200,000 miles, but the body is rusting & that will probably kill it in another 2 years.

In between I haven't had Skodas, but the "other" I liked best was a Renault Trafic motorcaravan. Slept 4, 8 seats, carried 10 + dog comfortably. Front wheel drive & handled like a go-kart. You soon get used to chucking something that size around & people in smaller cars tend to give you a wide berth. Height is a mega advantage - in the countryside you can see the view which is hidden to most car drivers & in towns as you could see over traffic & work out which lane was moving best. Cars might come screaming past 10 miles before a town & it would be another 10 miles after the town before they'd catch up again.

As for cavs, they're OK, but not different enough from everybody else's cars for me. Each to his own taste I guess!

• 4 years ago

I had an 84 1/2 special edition Mustang GT convertible with a 5.0 boss engine, and manual stick. It was red with a black top. Very impractical, but it was a cool car! I kept it for a long time intending to pass it down to my kids, but ended up selling it because the insurance, storage, and upkeep were too much to deal with, and mostly because my husband complained about not getting to park his truck in the garage in its place!! Since then, we've moved and converted the garage at this house into a room so we're both parking outside right now anyway, and I sure wish I could take a spin with the top down on a pretty fall day like this!

• 1 decade ago

fair play some people love some odd cars, ones i consider torture to have to own/drive.

my favourite car i have owned is a 1986 golf GTI 16v, a silver 3 door. It was never the best example ever in terms of paint work but the essentials ie the Engine was/is fantastic so much so the car died an the engine lives on in my other golf gti.

such a super balance of practical/cheap to run yet with performance which can easy match and embaress a large majority of so called hot hatches and "fast" modern cars.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I would say the 1979 cadillac sedan deville I had as a teenager.....it had a 7.0L V8 with a two speed powerglide transmission with overdrive and I put a posse trac rearend from a limo in it..........on dry pavement I could leave black strips for about 100yds and the top end was crazy fast.....(the speedo only went to 100mph and she would keep accelerating beyond that for quite some time!!!!

plus it had a roomy leather interior and a hood so long you could sleep (or do other things) on it!!!! :D

• 1 decade ago

1996 Corsica it is the longest running most reliable car i have ever owned. this car has survived the worst Vermont winters with no hassles plows or no plows. I am troubled by the cost of fuel even though this car is a sipper it still cost about $40.00 to fill it. I am eying my next car possibly the aptera hybrid but will wait and see if it lives up to its hype of 300 mpg.

• 1 decade ago

A dark green Triumph Herald,fantastic.

• 1 decade ago

1973 Dodge Charger R/T, 440 Magnum

• 1 decade ago

I had a rover 460, it was a metallic pink, with a transfer on the back saying mad b..tch, but I quite like the car i have got now, an Audi A3

• 1 decade ago

1969 Plymouth Road Runner, with 450 horse 383 big block. Hated to sell it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.