Virus Cryp Tap-2 problem?
On my computer a message keeps popping up and saying that a virus Cryp Tap-2 has been found. I have Windows XP home edition and Trend Micro Pc cillin. I tried running a scan and it comes up. I try to delete it and it says i can't. What should i do?
- GLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Go here and run to the vundo fix.
Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
Click the Scan for Vundo button.
Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
1. Download and run firefox to protect your from future spyware attacks and pop ups which are coming in through internet explorer (Trojan downloaders, win32 ) .Then update your windows through firefox
Browser attacks aren't easy to spot because they piggyback on legitimate traffic that doesn't exhibit many obvious warning signs
2. Run the vundo and combo fix http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/05...
3. Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
4. Run the anti spyware remove programs spybot http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/03... and superantispyware http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/04... to get rid of the nasties
5. Run a complete scan with free curing utility Dr.Web CureIt!