RHH regs - since you started using this section?

Do you ever forget how much bad hip hop people listen to in the "real world"?

I've gotten so used to ignoring all the "Who loves Soulja Boy" type qs on here and just talking with the regs who know their hip hop that sometimes when I speak to someone and they say they're into hip hop, I just assume they mean the good stuff.

Then they put on a 50 Cent cd, and I just hang my head.

What about you guys?

Thank you Kevin.

BC - play nice, or I won't spank you tonight.

Best Answer

There is no such thing as bad Hip Hop. People like what they like.

Source(s): We gotta stop this.

Well, my closest friends at school are all into Wu Tang, Kweli, Common, and the like so it's really not that bad. A few of them go farther into the underground then I do...but all I have to do is talk to a few other friends, or come home, and I'm exposed to the bad Hip Hop...my brother is what one calls a Lil Wayne stan...but I don't bash him like some stans on here have gotten bashed...so I don't really forget, but I just cope with it...cuz' I gotta admit, songs like Low and Buck in Here grow on you when they're played at the right time...

• They're listening to what the radio stations, the dj's, the record companies and the clubs are promoting.....pure garbage. Its a crying shame when you hear thousands of people saying Lil Wayne is the best rapper ever. Or that I Get Money is the best song of all time. Pure ignorance. Especially with the www at your disposal you can hear so many 80's and 90's hip hop songs, but they choose not to.

Source(s): edit: bonniethon, you are such an asset to the RHH section. coming out with questions that really make you stop and think before you answer. I love it.
  • Ns@YnE

Yea is such thing as bad hip hop to Eason...WHen a song is straight up wack that sounds like bad hip hop to me...but on the same note its cool for ppl to like what they like no doubt thats cool...I like to hear some Boosie in the club but not on the radio...lol 50cent is cool...I just dont buy his music anymore...not saying that he sucks...cuz I like some of his stuff...just wont buy it...dat all

• Omagus

Funny thing is, I've become more aware of the mainstream stuff SINCE joining YA. Most of the people I talk to about music on a regular basis are indie heads like me. Before coming on here, I'd never heard of Plies.

If you hate them then they must hate you. just cuz they don't like some hip hop does not give you permission to talk bad about them.

im not really a "reg" yet, im on here every day 4 bout 2 mo now BUT... the point u bring up is exactly why i always keep an eye out for the "reg"s questions bcuz they are about some real hip hop issues and not the 7 million questions bout solja boy and that garbage....... ya'll keep my day at work interesting.... thankx

and i agree completly with you about the point ur making in ur statement..

wow i guess im lucky that most of my friends and i can talk about real rap without the words soldier boy being heard. ya but anyway i actualy hear more about stupid rap on here just looking at the titles of the q's than anywhere else.

• I hear ya girl.... im so tierd of hearing about Souja boy and lil wayne!!! I wish some people would get a little more educated on hip hop before talking sh*t. and im sick of all the haters in this section why............do they put so much effort into coming here saying how much rap sucks if you hate it so much then stay the F*uck out of this section!! nobody in this section is gonna change there choice of music because you come here and say ignorant remarks.

Source(s): Me :P

Yeah. I agree with Ello, I don't talk about hip hop with people outside of here because all my friends listen to that dumb Flo Rida/ Rocko bullsh!t. So its refreshing to see people come on here and talk about good music.