Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

My wife says she will not divorce me if I stop going on yahoo answers what should I do?

My wife read all my yahoo answer questions and treatened to divorce me. Now she says she will stay If I don't ever go on yahoo answers again what should I do?

ps I don't think she will ever leave she loves the money too much!!!!!!!!

She also wants my new password.

How does one deal with a wife with out venting on yahoo answers?

Favorite Answer

aww.. so sad don't leave us! Also, if you think your going to give her your password stop saying things like "she loves the money too much"

I think that people need their very own personal things, no matter if they are married or in a relationship or whatever.

If you need someone to talk to, and Yahoo Answers is what you use to vent, she has no right to take that from you.

What other issues are going on here? Why would she take something like your account on Yahoo and want to take it from you? Does she want to hurt you? Is she hurting?

I highly recommend counselling, together. It can teach you both how to communicate - as well as teaching other skills, like respecting boundaries (which it sounds like your wife needs).

She sounds like she feels threatened, and is fighting back in the only way she deems effective.

Edit: I just looked at some of your questions, and it looks like you have issues that need to be worked out as well.

Perhaps she wants you to ask those questions to HER, like she is a HUMAN BEING, instead of strangers on the net.

I more than recommend marriage counselling, I think if your marriage is going to last at all you need to put some more effort into it, into the positive things. Both of you.

• NT

My suggestion, quit coming back to the source that is causing you marital problems. In every fashion not just YA! Go to some marriage counseling to deal with your problems.(wife) There the two of you could learn compromising and coping skills beyond belief.

She may love the money, but money isn't everything. I've read some of your stuff and I can see why she'd be upset. Perhaps if you don't see why she'd be upset you also need some general individual counseling.

Give her the new password. Keep yourself accountable for your actions knowing that at anytime she can come look.

I've went back and read your questions. So, lemme get this straight. You have 3 (sometimes only 2) kids, you work 60 hours a week, you have 2 nights out drinking and you want a night on the weekend, Sundays are for football, you want to watch t.v. from 8:00 p.m. on, you want to throw yourself parties, buy gifts for yourself (to put under the tree), go to strip clubs, role-play about raping your wife( are you insane?!?), expect sex, and STILL have time to bath and put your kids to bed?!? What a Saint!

Why don't you give your wife your new password and let her get on here to clear a few things up? I'd love to hear her side!

I think not being on Yahoo! Answers is a small price to pay to save your marriage.

I've read some of your questions, and you reveal very personal details. I'd be upset if I was your wife too!

The way you deal with this is by talking with her instead of venting to total strangers. Communication is key.

I can tell you, I just found Yahoo answers in the past few days and I am ADDICTED!

I don't really believe you about the wife thing, but I do understand where you are coming from ! I'm going to end up losing my job ! lol (not really)

• faith

Sounds like she might have some control issues but who knows. Unless you are trying to hook up with other women or talking to other women, I don't see how yahoo answers would be a problem. But if it's going to cause her so much grief maybe not getting on here would be the best choice. Maybe you could compromise and only get on here sometimes..

Well I don't know what you have been asking or writing but it sounds like she is made about something you have done. My husband was chatting with other women thinking it was ok and that was the end of the end for that because even the internet needs boundries.

!the thing is that you havnt been honest with her. if you were honest and didnt disrespect her, then there wouldnt have been a problem for you. but as you say she wont leave, cos she loves money too much! well, you can give her the password, and do not ask or answer questions that are offending her or upsetting her in any way!!!

Maybe if you would spend some time talking to your wife about your issue's instead of asking complete strangers about all of your problems with her, well maybe then she would feel differently.