Is it proper to use the word "gay"?

is the word "gay" offensive or is it proper to use?

Best Answer

Gay is appropriate and correct and we do qualify ourselves as Gay. Neither me none of my numerous friends are offended by the term Gay and definitely prefer it to "Homosexual" that gives just a sexual connotation, but the Gay culture, the Gay living and the Gay love is far more than

just a sex issue.

I'm Gay and proud to be Gay.

GAY PRIDE!

I was thinking about that for the past two days, no it is not proper in my book and I think calling someone gay is like calling an African American the "N" word.

A word came only harm you if YOU allow it to . To be insulted by any word you no doubt have problems with it yourself.

• ?

Not as of today no, but who knows. We accept queer and I do not like that. Fag is the bad word for today. Today is 3-11-08

Source(s): Ahoney

proper word for poo is fecal matter like an animal lays fecal matter like humans (not good at sentences)

Yes it is proper.

• Mel

Only to non-gays. Well gays have Gay Pride so they'll be proud you called them gay cos it's the truth.

there isactualy no such thing as gay, unless you are meaning by the happy meaning

so it cant really be wrong to use it, but some people do get upset and shiz wen people call it them

thats completely a matter of who you are talking to. i know some people who would flip if i called them that, but others who i always call that. its a "pop" phrase these days, and lots of people say it. if you dont mean it offensively, then it shouldnt be taken that way.

it depends on the context of the sentence or phrase.

if you are referring to someone being of the homosexual orientation, then they are gay. and that is ok.

to call someone lame, stupid, dumb, etc....by calling them gay is wrong and offensive.