sid asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I want to buy a good n brave dog. should i buy a doberman, a German Shepherd or a Labrador, Golden Retreiver?

I am a sog lover n plan to soon buy my dog.i have heard Doberman is very ferocious n can attack its owners also?? how much would a Golen Retreiver cost?? Should i buy only a pedigree dog?? How much would a gud dog cost? Do i have to feed him only non-veg or even Veg food would do for my dog.

• SJ
    Favorite Answer

If you're not sure what you want, take a trip to your local shelter. There is should be something there that meets all your criteria and you get the bonus of saving a life. At shelters you get all sorts of info with your adopted pet. Like what to feed them, how to tell if they are sick and training tips. Plus you usually get a dog that is very suited to you because the shelters try really hard to put the right dog with the right person.

I would buy a golden retriever. They are very loyal to their owners and have very good watch dog abilities. They generally cost around $400 but can be much higher. I would not go with any of the other dogs because a lot of the time dobermans and german shep., can be very vicious. I also would only feed a meat diet. I do not know where you heard about a veggie diet, but all veggies are bad for dogs because dogs thrive on protein. In the wild their diets consists of meat, with a few exceptions such as berries and other small vegetation.

Doberman in my opinion is not the best choice if its your first dog nor for that matter is a German Shepherd. I've kept Shepherds in the past and currently have a Doberman. Both are beautiful, loyal and intelligent dogs but due to their intelligence they require really good training and need to be excercised both mentally and physically.

Find it extremely annoying when people automatically class a breed as being aggressive. Aggression is often more the fault of the owner than the dog.

Look at what kind of lifestyle you have and then find a breed that will best suit it.

I do not know your requirement, living condition, where you would keep the dog? How much time you have to take care of it? How much money you can invest to buy then to maintain it? However I will give you a pep answer.

Doberman: A one man dog, it will not harm you unless you do anything hurting to it, while hungry don't try to remove its food, for surely ti will bite you, it will not allow any one to come to your house easlily, you can tame your dog to be ferocious or a bit friendly, cost of buying and maintenance is affordable.

GSD: A sensitive dog, a good learner, can smell things and identify, catches infections easlily and needs care. Not advisable to give an unhealthy environment, a good watch dog and a companion, cost of buying and mainteance is a bit expensive.

Labrador: A homely dog that you can have in your lap, this dog is a good listener and will expect you to teach and tame him. He is not good as a watch dog as a doberman and definetely will bark, it will not harm anyone, unless under extreme conditions. He is freindly with you and your household, cost of buying and maintenance is affordable. A perfect dog for the one who hasn't had any dog before.

Golden Retreiver: you can mix the the points that I have you for GSD and Lab that is the GRVR, but cost of buying and maintenance is bit expensive.

Hope this helps you.

Source(s): My own experience

I think you should speak to some breeders about their dogs. No dog is automatically 'good' they need training. All dogs acn be brave and all can bite. You need to think about what you want for the dog and look at what the breeds are bred to do. I would try and get a purebred from a responsible breeder. Visit any breeder first. Good luck. you don't say where you are - in the Uk a pedigree dog (of the breeds you mentioned) could cost anywhere from £400 - £800

There are brands of vegetarian dog food and I've known dogs that did well on them, but I don't really think it's natural for a dog to only have vegetarian food.

you do have to consider alot of things when buying a dog.

my suggestion to you is that you buy a Boxer, they are great with babies to the elderly, they are very protective of there homes and will let a bad person in but not out.....

they are a very loyal dog, and for what you are looking for fit the part as in the appearance is big and scary but there very soft at heart, cost is high but most pedigrees are, and if you buy a puppy then make sure you look at where there coming from, IE: the parents of the dog, there surroundings, and the nature of the dog, if getting a puppy then make sure it get the puppy food, and feed it by what it recommends for the height and weight of the dog, if you follow the instructions you should have a healthy and happy dog, make sure you at least train it in simple commands like sit, stay, come, this way if your out and about and it starts to run away u can make it stop and sit or come back to you, good luck in your choice....:)

It depends on how much time u want to send with ur dogs. if some is there to take care of ur dog all the times u can go for Doberman which dont want much care and time from owner. all others u mention needs good care and time has to be spend. if u want to go for tradition aggrasive dog go for Rajapalayam dob or indian Hound which needs less maintanace of both medical and they are very agressive too. i do have shep and rajapalayam. so my pic is rajapalayam

Dobermans aren't aggressive or hard to control. They're actually very sensitive, and require loads of patience while training. If you ever hurt or upset your doberman, they're not likely to forgive you for a long time.

German Sheperd or Golden Retreiver. no question

Yes Doberman are atotal no no, very difficultto control coz of their aggressivnes,

German Shepherd are the most obedient and intelligent ones,

Labrador are intelligent and good learners

Golden retrieveris very difficult to maintain so are german shepherd, too musch of hair loss around, well it also depends where u wanna put this dogs,

I would say go for a Labrador.

Cost ranges from 20-50k for the puppies of german shepherd and retriever, It depends upon their hair coat, whether they have dual color or single color, single tone color are costly.