Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

My Dad got a ticket because I ran a red light??

I was driving my Dad's car and I ran a red light. It's one of those picture things. But it was my Dad's plates. How do I clear this up and get the ticket in my name?

• Fred C
    Best Answer

There are no points on the ticket. It is issued to the registered owner of the vehicle. Just pay it, it doesn't go on the driving record unless you get it from one of the few places that takes a picture from the front showing the driver's face.

Great to see you thinking straight and accept responsibility.

You can, I believe, inform the authority that issued ticket and clear your Dad of any responsibility or points, if points are a consideration

Source(s): Just Think this can be done.

go to court on your court date and talk to the judge, he/she will likely make you take a defensive driving class ($40) and once you complete the 8 hour course, the judge will dismiss the ticket. Or you can just wait to the morning and call and ask the clerks office.

• on the back of the ticket, there's usually a phone number you can call if you want to take it to court and then you have to show up in court before a judge.

you cant! it was your dads car, so he is responsible for what you do, when your driving it. if you want to help your dad, then you can give the money to your dad, so he can pay it. you cant get the ticket in your name, but you can pay it for him.

Go to the court house and pay the fine and take the blame.

You probably cannot....it was his car, and these new cameras only go by the license plate number picked up by the lens.Just pay your dad back the fines, and stop using his car...get your own.

you cant cuz the car is resgister in his name and the insurance might go up go pay the ticket

well tell your dad you got a ticket and give him the money to go pay for it and tell him it was not your ftt ook

is he going to get points on his lisence?

perhaps if you have a fine to pay and he's fine with it you could give him the money otherwise I don't know, sorry.