I absolutely hate the new Yahoo mail- How I can change back to classic mail the switch back link doesn't exist

I think yahoo are totally useless and too bloody idle to sort out users problems themselves. The new mail is ultra crap and looks like a 5 year old designed it- I can't even read or open my own mail attachments with it and have to forward them to my other email address in classic mail to do so!!!!does anyone else agree? They say it's easy to switch back by clicking 'switch back' by welcome and your name at the top of the mail page-there is no 'switch back' link or icon that I can find anywhere-can someone pleasehelp before I have a breakdown?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

there is a link in top left side near sign out, my account, mail classic.

just click on "mail classic" and your problem will be solved.

• Michael5 years agoReport

Do a system restore go back as far as you can. It worked for me. I hated the new one

• 6 years ago

I'm too old for this malarky, yahoo! I end up LOSING the original photo after I've forwarded it once or twice. GEEZ! It shouldn't be complicated. Yes, my husband can sometimes find what I'm no longer seeing in the emails, but why did you change the format?

Very frustrating.

• 6 years ago

Hate it. Classic mail link no longer at top.

• 1 decade ago

I totally agree. I can't tell you the number of times I've tried to switch back to classic mail. The loop is endless.

At this point in new/Beta I can't even open my current emails or retrieve any email addresses to set up an new account. I feel tricked & I'm so upset with Yahoo. I wouldn't consider doing business by purchasing their $19.99 email service either. Why deal with this frustration? You just CAN'T get back to classic mail. Yahoo makes it IMPOSSIBLE. Easy...ha! I read the instructions, reread the instructions & tried to make the change. Not, 1, 2, 3 ....SEVERAL times.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

We're experiencing some technical difficulties...

We’re sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.

Temporary error: 14

Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions

this is usually what happens when I want to check email, Yahoo has gone to the bottom of the heap

• Larry5 years agoReport

I don't want to, it will be a pain, but I am going to leave yahoo, they are just not worth the trouble, the inaccuracy, the constant problems,

• 6 years ago

I have been with Yahoo since the beginning, but this is now so bloody painful and useless, I am close to having a breakdown too. I waste so much of my time having to navigate back and forwards on this system. Absolutely no useability or useful features, and certainly no improvement on the previous interface. I am trying to find another email provider to switch to. Any suggestions as to which might be the better one to move to?

• BOB4 years agoReport

I'm switching to gmail. Easy to read and navigate. Just takes a while to get my new address to only the people and companies I want to have it. It's so far better than the new yahoo mail there is no comparison.

• 6 years ago

I totally agree with you. When someone replies the chain of emails all get lumped into one and it is hard to decipher where you are at and hard to make comments.

I have been waiting for Yahoo to switch back to it's old format but after a few months I am getting the impression they are not listening to their subscribers. My only thoughts at this point is I am going to have to change emails. Something I do not want to do but at this point I am feel I am being forced to do so.

• 1 decade ago

I have exactly the same problem and I do not seem to be able to get an answer. I am totally cheesed off!

So much for trying it in anticipation of being able to change back immediately!

Please can someone help - this is dire.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't agree but I do see the "Mail Classic" link at the top. I did switch back a few weeks ago when I was on dial up for a short time but went back to the new email when broadband got fixed. There's no problem with attachments either. Anyone with reasonable intelligence should be able to use it. If not you can always switch back (unless ...).

• 5 years ago

I HATE DROPBOX. PAUL, ITS NOT THAT PEOPLE HERE DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT. IT'S THE FACT THAT FOR ME, I CANT ATTACH LARGE FILES! I'VE DOWNLOADED THE DAMN APPLICATION, AND STILL CANT GET THE CRAP TO WORK!!! I'M SO EFFING FRUSTRATED WITH YAHOO AT THIS POINT!!!

• 4 years ago

How can I get rid of all the ads that is on yahoo I hate them I spend a lot of time deleting them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.