Why have you never heard of the Milgram experiment in connection with the Holocaust???

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What are you talking about? The holocaust and the subsequent war criminal trials were the events that prompted Milgram into thinking about issues of authority and obedience.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Milgram experiments at Yale in 1961 had nothing to do with the Holocaust, other than to demonstrate the willingness of ordinary people, under certain circumstances, to obey a perceived authority rather than to maintain their own ethical principles.

It is as much connected with a country's ability to turn young men into soldiers and send them to war with an ability, even a diesire, to kill other human beings, all based on a perception of authority (the military establishment) and the need/desire to obey and be well-thought-of.

• 1 decade ago

besides authority,obedience and conformity, the Milgram experiment raised a chilling possibility that all mankind are capable of commiting atrocities in certain circumstances.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I actual have heard of it. the relationship has possibly fallen out of want -- it became noticeably much a cliche in some circles in the process the Seventies -- yet there are tides interior the comings and goings of such ideas.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Elly
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I have heard of it... and it's really scary.

I don't know what else to say to your question now but if you want to talk more about the topic you can e-mail me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.