Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 decade ago

What kind of light is best to grow plants under?

I have both regular fluorescent ligts and those twirly ones that save energy... my room is usually relatively dark and does not get sunlight during the day (my bedroom window is about 10 feet from our next door neighbors kitchen window so its usually closed)

So what kind of light will best suit my poor little green 'tropical foilage' plant? its a 3 inch tall generic green plant...

thanks!

Favorite Answer

You can buy a flourescent grow light from wal mart and the cost is 9.95...I have one and I have all of my veggie seeds growing as we speak..in about three days these will go to the garden as the temperature is right now...It is in the hardware section and specifically says "grow light"..here is some pictures of mine..The light is white..it only looks purple here due to the lavender walls..

The 9.95 I speak of is complete, not just the bulb..the whole fixture,bulb and all is a total of 9.95

Plant Lights Walmart

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

So what kind of light will best suit...

Source(s): kind light grow plants under: https://biturl.im/XQN3t

You use fluorescent bulbs. They come in several types. The cheapest way to give plants the light they need is to combine one cool white bulb with one warm white bulb. You can also buy a bulb that is specific for growing plants but these tend to be expensive.

ypou can get special fluorescent bulbs called 'grow' lights.

these emit colour waves at the frequencies best suited to plants needs. now that I think about it i have gotten them in the regualr incandescent shapes as well.

any light would be okay but these will be best

good luck

My house is also pretty dark.I use plant lights in a pole lamp for my plants.You should find them in the lightbulb section of your store.they are blue and say plant light on the package.

• Justme

I have regular fluorescent over my kitchen sink which is on 24/7 I have African violets and they bloom almost continuously.

feed a liquid African violet food every two weeks

just a regular fluorescen light would work, they make special ones though, that are painted green, you can pick them up at a florest or at a local walmart good luck

Use both yellow and white flourescent lights to make sure plants recieve "ALL" the wavelengths they need...