Why do SOME ppl have problems with promiscuous women?

I know that there are a lot of labels for women who sleep around but I would like to think that this day in age those labels hold no real weight. Do you think that if a woman chooses to sleep around (for enjoyment's sake, not self-validation), she is no longer seen in a negative light? I specify women... show more I know that there are a lot of labels for women who sleep around but I would like to think that this day in age those labels hold no real weight. Do you think that if a woman chooses to sleep around (for enjoyment's sake, not self-validation), she is no longer seen in a negative light?

I specify women because it is pretty well known that if a guy gets laid he (usually) gets a slap on the back while in the past others mutter "wh0re" under the breath at the woman.

But if my hopes are a bit idealistic, why do you think people have problems with promiscuous women? Why do people even care?

*sex between consenting adults--just thought I'd add that*
Update: EDIT-- I agree that it does seem to be women who call other women these names, but I've also seen men do it too. Like, after they had a fling with the girl, they get together and laugh about it, saying she's a s lut who will sleep with anything (even if its not the case). And when I point out that THEY... show more EDIT-- I agree that it does seem to be women who call other women these names, but I've also seen men do it too. Like, after they had a fling with the girl, they get together and laugh about it, saying she's a s lut who will sleep with anything (even if its not the case). And when I point out that THEY slept with her, they shrug and say "It's different." But its not really, is it?
Update 2: Steve-O-- I see your point. I usually think that sleeping around for self-validation (such as for attention, to "feel loved" or because she has issues with her self-esteem) is not a healthy mindset. However, I'll stand corrected and say that if a woman want to sleep around, no matter what the... show more Steve-O-- I see your point. I usually think that sleeping around for self-validation (such as for attention, to "feel loved" or because she has issues with her self-esteem) is not a healthy mindset. However, I'll stand corrected and say that if a woman want to sleep around, no matter what the reason, I should not judge.