Hale asked in SportsTennis · 1 decade ago

Should Martina Hingis fight for the truth?

I am one of the biggest funs of Martina and I want eveybody to encourage her to fight for the truth regards to mallicious accusation against her.Let's help her to gain her self-esteem.

Favorite Answer

If it isn't true, then she should fight like crazy... but I doubt she'd win. IF she was dumb enough to do coke, then she should have to face the music. Dum dum dum dum!

I love her too, so I'm disappointed either way.

I think she should. Also, her legacy will be partially destroyed because of this. She should appeal the suspension to hopefully clear her name and shorten the 2 year ban. Then she should return the game once the ban is over and retire in the right way and show that she is in fact a great player on and off the court.

Thanks for question..

In my opinion she should never have retired from tennis after the allegations of drug use were made. I find it hard to believe that such a great athlete would resort to taking coke and think that she should have defended herself by fighting for the truth. Unfortunately retiring from the sport and not defending herself at the time that the results came through made her look like she was actually guilty.

Yes, Should be fight for the truth and silence means losing to what you are fighting for.Good luck Martina.We love you.

• Borgy

i think martina should just let this issue die of natural cause... she has given her part and it is best that we respect that....the more she refuses to accept the facts, the more people will suspect her of being guilty...if she will just keep her silence after addressing the issues, the more people will respect her for that...i suppose lessons have been learned here for all parties concerned...

• Bobby

It depends on what the truth is. I surely don't know, and I suppose we never will. I always admired her as a player, though.

I believe the charge against her is ridiculous since cocaine is a depressant, it make her play worse not better if she did indeed took it.

Sure, why not. She's a fighter. Its too bad for her to go out this way.

i hope she did cause her retirement simply makes her look suspicious and it's definitely not a smart way to stand up to them.

I wouldn't. Takes too much energy. She doesn't really have to...she has her fans like me, and I believe her.