Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

book recomendations?

some books i enjoyed: life of pi, catcher in the rye, goose girl series, to kill a mocking bird, the red pony, grimm stories, stargirl, maximum ride series, hp series, the secret garden, tuck everlasting, the odyssey, cold mountain, and many more.

thanks!

• reader
    Best Answer

Ooh, I know, I know! Really, we like alot of the same stuff so here are some further suggestions. These mostly aren't classified as young adult but are books I either liked or would have had they been available. I hope you don't mind just a list, I figure you'll want to look at them and see what interests you anyway.

Barn Blind ~ Jane Smiley

Taft ~ Ann Patchett

What's Eating Gilbert Grape ~ Peter Hedges

The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter ~ Carson McCullers

One For the Morning Glory ~ John Barnes

The Once and Future King ~ T.H. White

Neverwhere ~ Neil Gaiman

Disobedience ~ Jane Hamilton

White Oleander ~ Janet Fitch

The Time Traveler's Wife ~ Audrey Niffenegger

Object Lessons ~ Anna Quindlen

Tiger Rising ~ Kate DiCamillo

The Car Thief ~ Theodore Weesner

The Beach ~ Alex Garland

The Secret History ~ Donna Tartt

The Dogs of Babel ~ Carolyn Parkhurst

In Country ~ Bobbie Ann Mason

Mohawk ~ Richard Russo

The Fountain Overflows ~ Rebecca West

All Creatures Great and Small ~ James Herriot

Maus I & II ~ Art Spiegelman

A Death in the Family ~ James Agee

I Capture the Castle ~ Dodie Smith

Still LIfe With Woodpecker ~ Tom Robbins

The Princess Bride ~ William Goldman

The House of Sand and Fog ~ Andre Dubus III

Bel Canto ~ Ann Patchett

Rosie ~ Anne Lamott

Dinner At the Homesick Restaurant ~ Anne Tyler

Oh for crying out loud! I better stop now. I hope you find as much pleasure in some of these as I have. Enjoy!

The Twilight Series

I am a little confused by your question. Do you want us to recommend books??? If so I highly recommend the Libba Bray series, A Great and Terrible Beauty is the first of the trilogy. Also Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Hope I could help! :)

Al Capone Does My Shirts

By: Gennifer Choldenko

• Dave

'The Hours' by Michael Cunningham won the Pulitzer Prize - then turned into a movie that won Best Drama.

'Water for Elephants' by Sara Gruen was excellent - I believe it, too, is being made into a movie.

Or if you want more bird children, try the adult novels that brought about the idea of Max - 'Where the Wind Blows' and 'Lake House' also by James Patterson.

Happy reading.

indexed right here are some you opt for: Neil Gaiman is an mind-blowing author! the thank you to Kill A Rock megastar with the help of Tiffanie Debartolo The Princess Bride with the help of William Goldman The Abhorsen Trilogy (Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen) with the help of Garth Nix His darkish components trilogy (The Golden Compass, the state-of-the-artwork Knife and The Amber Spyglass) with the help of Philip Pullman The Sight and Fell with the help of David Clement-Davies (may well be a sprint youthful. i'm uncertain.)

it seems like you like a variety, just go to the fiction section of the library and pull anything that looks interesting off the shelf, if you don't like it you can always stop reading it...

...think of some movies based on books, and see if there's anything else by that author.

a couple of examples I like:

-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson

-Catch me if You Can by Frank Abagnale jr (not positive on that spelling)

and you already mentioned Tuck Everlasting and To Kill a Mockingbird... good luck!

Anita Blake series

Twilight series

Harry Potter series

Among the Hidden series

Eragon

Eldest

And books by Orson Scott card

I liked "The Undomestic Goddess" by Sofia Kinsella another good one was "If Only it Were True" by Marc Levy. I also liked "A Time to Kill" by John Grisham. Hope this helps.

lol.

"Do you want us to recommend books??"

well, the subject does say book recommendations. silly.

anyway, my favorite books are:

-The Pact by Jodi Picoult

-Always Six O'clock by Phoef Sutton

-My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult

-At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

-Killing Me Softly by Nicci French (has a lot of adult themes, so if you don't want to suscept yourself to that, you don't have to)

-And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie