Amanda
Amanda asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

Are Dyson vacuum cleaners worth the money?

I have a dog who sheds like no tomorrow and my current vacuum doesn't cut it.

• MJ
    Favorite Answer

My Dyson is everything to me with four kids and two dogs that shed so much I am shocked they aren't bald. The first time I turned it on, the first thing I noticed was that it didn't shoot dirt and grit out the back like every other vacuum I have ever had. If you have pet hair on furniture though, the best thing to do is grab your textured cleaning gloves and rub in a circular motion. This action balls it up and you just pick it right off.

When recently shopping for a vacuum, I found the most help from an ebay dealer called great-vacs. He describes in detail Dysons, Kirbys, and Rainbow vacs. One draw back that I remember reading about a Dyson is that it loses power as it begins to get full. He also has a website called great-vacs.com which probably has the the same info as ebay. He gives a 5 year guarantee on his products. The ebay prices are cheaper than the website. I bought a Rainbow based on recommendations from friends from him on ebay. It works better than an Electrolux. I have 6 dogs!!

Yes Dyson is a great Vacuum. Kirby is an even better Vacuum but costs a bit more

Source(s): X- Vacuum seller

My Dyson doesnt pick up like it used to when you look at all the plastic you wonder how it could have cost so much I bought my Dyson before they took the factory out of Britain like Robert i will never buy another Dyson due to that fact

yup, always have great cleaning capacity and no bags!

Source(s): owner