Mother-in-law taking advantage of us...please help!!?

I liked (well, tolerated) my MIL until about 2 weeks ago. My husband was bringing her to get herself some dinner before bringing her to work (she has no car), and she was trying to tell him where to make a u-turn to get her food, and he missed it because he & I were on the phone together, and she told him to HANG... show more I liked (well, tolerated) my MIL until about 2 weeks ago. My husband was bringing her to get herself some dinner before bringing her to work (she has no car), and she was trying to tell him where to make a u-turn to get her food, and he missed it because he & I were on the phone together, and she told him to HANG UP THE PHONE. I was really mad, but then a few days later, she borrowed our car (she NEVER let us use hers when she had one) and stayed gone for 9 hours and hardly answered her phone. She then brought us dinner and acted like she did nothing wrong. She apologized to my husband for this, but has not apologized to me, even though the car was given to me by MY family. She also has been running my husband around almost every day to bring her to work. I am running out of patience, and I fear that I will say something rude b/c my husband doesnt want to hurt her feelings. I forgot to mention that she helps us financially sometimes and probably wont after we tell her something. HELP!!
Update: Well, she actually wasn't right for telling him to hang up on me, b/c she is a naturally bossy person, and he wasn't paying FULL attention to her, so she got mad. Secondly, I am prepared for her to not help us out financially, so that isnt an issue. Personally, she's biting the hand that's acting... show more Well, she actually wasn't right for telling him to hang up on me, b/c she is a naturally bossy person, and he wasn't paying FULL attention to her, so she got mad. Secondly, I am prepared for her to not help us out financially, so that isnt an issue. Personally, she's biting the hand that's acting as her personal taxi service.
Update 2: Ok, yes, talking on the phone while driving isn't the safest thing, but she always bosses him around, regardless of what it is...
Update 3: My age is irrelevant, and like I said - we are fully ABLE to support ourselves. She OFFERS to do things for us, but I feel that this isnt an even trade - her money for our constant requirement to attend to her needs.
Update 4: Furthermore, I am NOT trying to change their relationship. We are a small family with a child, and this is taking time away from our time together, as my husband works during the day. I am not STARTING "drama", as some of you suggested. I am merely irritated with the fact that she is a 50 year old... show more Furthermore, I am NOT trying to change their relationship. We are a small family with a child, and this is taking time away from our time together, as my husband works during the day. I am not STARTING "drama", as some of you suggested. I am merely irritated with the fact that she is a 50 year old woman who cant even afford to fix her own car, and is taking advantage of the fact that we now have a car. Where MY parents are, is nobodys business - I may not have parents, for all you know. And obviously, like I said before, MY family gave me the car, and she acts as if its hers, and takes MY car for 9 hours without apologizing to me. Thats unacceptable. I'm sure that anyone would feel the same way. I understand that they have a mother/son relationship, and that's great, but she is asking a bit much to be toted around every day. She had no problem getting to work before we had a car, and she never let us use hers when she had one, but we are expected to do what she wouldnt.