pumpkinpie asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How much are female Maltese at PetLand?

Ok, first of all, I don't want to hear everyone ramble on about puppy mills. I just want to know if anyone has ever gotten a dog there, specifically a Maltese, and how much they paid for it...

I specifically said that I do NOT want to hear people's rants about puppy mills. I never said that I was going to buy a puppy from PetLand, I just want to know how much they cost. If you don't know, don't answer my question please.

I am not ignorant, as I konw all about puppy mills and breeders, etc. All I want to know is how much they cost. I am NOT going to buy one from there, I just want to know how much they usually charge for them. GEEZE

• Favorite Answer

Please do not buy from a pet store. The puppies they get are from puppymills and have extensive health issues. Not to mention, if you buy from a pet store, you will be supporting the cruel treatment dogs and puppies receive at puppymills.

ADD:

If you want a Maltese, try looking at a local rescue in your area. They are in need of good homes.

ADD:

You can't tell people what and what not to say. There is no need for that. If you didn't want to hear about puppymills, then you should have called PetLand directly. Your question didn't state that you were informed about puppymills. Everyone thought you were looking to buy and just wanted to inform you. Better to get the right answer than to be ripped off.

I'm not going to lecture you about how horrible puppy mills or pet stores are...you are your own person and you'll make your own decisions. I remember seeing a female yorkie MIX that was like $1500. Prices may also vary based on what part of the country you are in.

I do, however, want to point out the advantages of going with a reputable breeder:

*If you get a pet quality puppy....chances are pretty good that it will be cheaper than in pet stores. I bring this one up first b/c you question leads me to believe that price is a big issue for you.

*If you get a puppy from a reputable breeder who does all the applicable health testing for the breed, you have a better chance of avoiding vet bills for genetic conditions later on in the dog's life.

*If you get a puppy from a reputable breeder, you can often meet the mother and get an idea of what your puppies temperment might be like. I don't know about you....but knowing where my dog comes from and what type of animal they came from is a big deal.

*If you don't care about the animal's background, maybe you could look into rescuing. They DO have puppies available (you may have to wait a little while), and you would be saving it from being put down.

I hope that you don't take my reply as rambling about puppy mills. Like I said, it is your decision. What I have noticed (here and other places) is that lots of people jump at judging people and talking about how horrible puppy mills/petstores, etc are. I tried to answer your question, and instead of judging or badmouthing...I just wanted to point out some advantages of going the other way. I hope I've given you something to think about and not offended you. Good luck with your decision.

• I<3IGs

Probably at least 2x as much if you got one from a reputable breeder and did some research.

ETA: Why don't you ask the workers at Petland how much they are selling them for instead of coming on here and causing trouble like a troll? I'm sure those puppy mill pushers would have no problem telling you how much their puppy mill puppies cost.

Puppy mills.

ETA: If you don't plan on buying one, then why do you want to know how much they charge for them? I was being serious when I first said that they will charge you about 2x what a reputable breed will charge. I, stupidly, got a puppy from there and over a year later, I came into contact with a woman who breeds them in my area who has the #3 female in the country. She sells her males for $600. I paid $1200!! That's what I get for being too hasty. So don't get angry at people for warning you when you ask such a question.

Cost Of Maltese Puppy

• suzy

Don't buy from a pet store. Try maltese rescue or just go to your local animal shelter and help one of those poor dogs and give one a home. If you really want a maltese then use a reputable breeder.

I dont know but actually my sis and I were thinking about saving for a maltese, so thanks for the post! (Also peoples thanks for the info about puppy mills, I didn't even know they had puppy mills, that is so sad!! We'll look into animal shelters. Thanks again!)

Ignorant people like you are the reason dogs suffer every day. Ramble on about puppymills indeed.

i think they cost fifteen hundred.

Edit: Hey guys leave her alone. u dont hav to make such a big deal of it. they may be from puppy mills but at least shes rescuing them. so plz leave the asker alone. u didnt hav to answer the question if ur just gonna be mean.

Call Pet Land and ask.

.i wont ramble about. a year ago a friend got one there paid 1100.00 thats alot of money she could i saved money and went to a breeder.