Home Business - Scam or not a Scam?

Please can someone tell me if this website is a scam or not?

The address is

http://successfromyoursofa.com/promo/?hid=#0719413...

I would like more information about this.

Just for your information, it is a 60 Minute Money Home Business! Thanks

Favorite Answer

Is this the extent of the web site? What is the product or service that they are providing? Have you checked if they are in the BBB? Have they been featured in magazines like USA Today, or Success, or Fortune or something like that? What is their ratings from Inc 500? Who's involved in this company? What is their compensation plan? Have you talked to anyone involved in the company or is this just something you've came across on? So many questions on if this is a legitimate business. What is it that they offer?? The only thing I read on this link was a couple of success stories, are they part of the add gig or have you talked to them personally. If this is the extent of their web site, it looks like it could be a scam.

So many things I checked out before I started mine. All my check lists were present in my business. Make sure it's in this one too before getting involved.

Source(s): Home based business owner for over 6 years.

Hi mstevens...

First I googled this:

successfromyoursofa [scam]

Then I found a link to another site owned by Helen Garrett (says that at the bottom of the screen)... At the top right hand corner was a picture of a guy and it said "Join me, Russell Gain", sooooooo googler that I am, I googled

russell gain [scam]

some of these links are fairly old reports... however...(link did not come through correctly but you should be able to find the report called unsuccessful herbalife)

I also googled on:

60 mm herbalife [scam]

and came up with a few more interesting articles...

you can google herbalife [scam] and never quit reading...

Normally it would cost you $37 (I think is the going rate for the DVD though some teams charge $9.95 and when you don't return the DVD, then you get charged another fee) .... to find out this information (if you fill in the form for more info) .... PLUS you'll never quit getting hounded... I only charge $25 - I'll just put it on your account.... just kidding...

~best wishes to you

~jennifer

Helping others create income from home through education of the system and how it really works.

Hello,

This isn't a scam it is an organisation within Herbalife, who are a very reputable international company. I would highly recommend Herbalife as a home business for anybody who is serious about wanting a home based business where your goal is helping others.

But would recommend you choose another organisation to be a part of.

Having a Herbalife business "should be" a very low cost business to start and maintain, but it is a very expensive business to run under this organisation. They have lost the plot and believe me I know I was in it.

I'm still a Herbalife distributor, I just removed myself from the expensive unnecessary 60MM tools. Now I have a Herbalife business the way it should be fun, simple and magical!!

Hope this helps!

I'm guessing a scam. If you're looking for a home based business, I'd love to tell you about mine! I don't know what your interests are but I'm a work at home mom as a designer with Latasia jewelry... Latasia is a fantastic, small, (but growing!) family owned company that has been around for over 15 years, and is a member of the DSA. The jewelry is beautiful, the people are great and the commissions are super! As a Latasia designer, you are your own boss...You work your own hours, and the sky is the limit on how much you can earn. I can even help you get started for free!

My contact info and website address are available on my profile. Please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help in any way I can! :)

Good luck!

Kim

home business scam scam

can't be sure but I think it seems sketchy that they don't give you any information. do you know anyone who is actually doing this business?

if you're looking to own your own home based business you should check out market america. its an online marketing business. i just started my business with them and am being trained by a lot of successful people. the company has been around since 1992 and has a proven business plan. its based on working part time 8-10 hrs per week for 2-3 yrs to achieve a 6 figure income. we've partnered with google to make us the ultimate online shopping destination. we're also partnered with over 2000 stores including walmart, target, home depot, nordstrom, gap, etc. by driving people to make their purchases through my web portal, i'm creating residual income for myself!

if you want more information you can email me at chelsshaw@yahoo.com

www.marketamerica.com/transpire

Its clearly a scam, the website looks gives it away instantly.

You are probably receiving a lot of information about possible work from home jobs. I have been in your shoes and have spent many hours online researching and trying to find the right one. The one thing that I ended up figuring out is that there are no true work from home "jobs." In a work from home job you usually start out working for a company and then for whatever reason, sometimes, the company will let you take your job home; thus work from home job. I would never pay a company to work from home.

However, there are many work from home “opportunities.” These opportunities provide you with the vehicle to work from home and build your own business. The difficult or frustrating part about finding the right opportunity is that there are many offers that are not legitimate, but scams. Theses scams make it difficult for the companies that truly offer a legitimate opportunity to work from home. Usually, work from home opportunities have a small investment to start your own business. These are okay as long as they are around $100, anything much more than that and I would stay away. Also if they require a monthly overhead to run the business it should include things like your websites, training, back office system, and support. Remember any business that you start and want to continue will always have start up costs and monthly expenses, if it doesn't then it is probably not a legit business.

I am a stay at home mother of 2 (ages 4 and 2). My husband works 6 days a week and I do not have much help in the area of child care for my children. On my journey to finding the right work from home opportunity I tried everything from selling vitamins, lotions and many other product based companies. I also looked into processing information online. What I realized with all these companies is that I usually put more money back into my business and ended up with lots of product I really did not need. I also was very skeptical of some of those online work from home websites that really never got to the point of what I would be doing to earn income.

Finally, I was given information on a legitimate work from home company. At first I was very skeptical and paid no attention to the information. Then one day my mother needed to have some dental work done but had no insurance. I remembered that I had some information on discount dental plans. Once I researched the information I had been given, I realized that I could provide my mother with a way to pay less for her procedure and earn an income for signing her onto the discount dental plan. I have been with the company since and am on the fast track toward building a six figure residual income.

I work 15 hours a week (give or take a few) for a National Discount Medical Benefits Company. The company has been in business for over 16 years and is continuing to expand! We have been featured on "60 minutes", "The New York Times", "Wall Street Journal", "Time Magazine", and "American Medical Review" as one of the most reputable, legitimate home based companies. We are members of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Dental Plans and the owner of the company sits on the board of The Consumer Health Alliance, which we are also a part of their membership.

Our company addresses the number one problem in US, which is that 70% of Americans can't afford or can't get health insurance for whatever reason. We are an alternative for people who are suffering with their health because of this issue. Now to work for our company you don't have to know everything there is to know about Health Care. Our company will train you on how to communicate our services to those who need it. We have over 2 million members that use our plans and save money on their health care.

When you work for the company you are able to set your own hours and build a residual income while you work. Because we get paid month after month, year after year for the work we do our income is always increasing and we get paid even when we don’t work. The company also does not enforce a monthly quota, which was important to me. I wanted to have the flexibility to work when I wanted and how much I wanted. Of course the more you put into your business the more income you will receive.

Some of the benefits we offer are 401k, direct deposit, life insurance and a family benefit package for your entire household. The next best thing is there is no cold calling, telemarketing, stocking of inventory, collecting of payments, and no home parties! This was very important to me as I had the child care issue to deal with and wanted to be able to stay home and work without having to leave my house.

Another great thing about our company is that we all work together to as a team. We are not out to compete with our fellow representatives. Whenever I need advice my team is there to help me to be a success. This was also very important as I was new to the business and wanted the team support you get working a 9-5 job without having to work the 9-5 job. I have also made many friends along the way and still have the interaction with adults while taking care of my children at home.

I guess I could go on and on about what we do and how we get paid, but the best thing for you to do is research the company for yourself and determine if it is right for you.

Check us out at www.AHomeBusinessThatPays.com.

Don't waste your time looking for internet "jobs." You'll just be bombarded with all kinds of scams.

This is a scam..