jebster asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Is Hillary Clinton the Democratic version of Tonya Harding to Barack Obama's Nancy Kerrigan?

At the end of all this will Barack be left with a broken knee cap wailing: 'Why me? Why me" or will he overcome the kitchen sink campaign and like Tonya, Hillary will be out of the running and never in contention for the Presidency again?

Nancy was the more experienced skater I would say...but she was more refined...had more finesse and polish and elegance...Obama-like I would say. While Tonya was the fierce competitor...more athletic...she did the first triple Axel in competition for an American woman...had been world champion and got by on her toughness and street fighting instincts. She was a real politico I would say and being behind felt the best way to ensure victory was to take matters into her own hands so to speak.

Nancy was not the more experienced skater I would say...but she was more refined...had more finesse and polish and elegance...Obama-like. While Tonya was the fierce competitor...more athletic...she did the first triple Axel in competition for an American woman...had been world champion and got by on her toughness and street fighting instincts. She was a real politico I would say and being behind felt the best way to ensure victory was to take matters into her own hands so to speak.

Nancy was not the more experienced skater I would say..etc.

Favorite Answer

What a great comparison and it really makes sense! Hillary will do anything to win, including setting herself up for some hard confrontations with McCain by trying to throw Obama under the bus with things like her three AM ad. I can already hear McCain asking her how the heck she is the experienced one...

I am an independent. I was going to vote for John Edwards because not only did I like his ideas, I also liked the way he did not go after the others or participate in their cat fights. After he left I said "Well if it has to be one of these, Hillary". I simply do not trust Obama. He dodges questions in debates and buckles under pressure. Can you honestly say you want that kind of president. You just think you have problems with George W. Bush, just wait till Obama gets in there! Bush will look like a tea party to you. But then again I think America deserves Obama just for the way they act about Bush.

Source(s): CNN, Fox, and any other tv station that carries the debates.

Great question!

Yes! She absolutely is because, like Tonya Harding, she cheated to try and win.

Also, like Tonya Harding, Hillary will lose.

Obama is the "Tonya Harding" in this election. He's the spoiler, not Hillary. Everybody and their mother knew that Hillary would eventually run for President in 2008. He could've waited, but out of his own ambition, he chose to run for President now. And for what? 20% of Hillary voters will NOT vote for Obama, but will switch over to McCain if Obama wins the Dem nomination.

• Well, I would hardly refer to Hillary as "poor white trash", unlike Tonya Harding. But your analogy is an interesting one. . .

But I don't get where it fits into the race.

• G.C.

Interesting analogy...

But remember, Kerrigan was the better, more experienced skater...and Tonya, not so much.

In the political arena, like it or not...Hillary is more experienced, has practiced longer and harder....and should be the one to win the gold

• Gretl

He buckles when the sink is thrown at him, and it's just getting warmed up. He won't be able to handle the the full deal. He'll have a Tonya meltdown.

they are both tonya hardings when it comes to the american people

So far, Obama sticks he knees out to get whacked. It seems like the table is being set for him to be VP. since Florida and Michigan re-votes will change the dynamic of the delegate count.

So who gets to wield the metal pipe then, John McCain?