Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

POLL:how ridiculous is 16 year olds talking about getting married?

and what the heck is a promise ring as opposed to an engagment ring, and where are the parents?

Favorite Answer

I was married at 10 and my husband loves me very much. We have 13 kids and have been together for 35 years. He only hits me so's I learn my lesson.

WTF is wrong with these people? 16 is too young to get married and I don't care what ur grandparents did. Sheesh why are you so cranky?

The reason why your parents wont sign it is because they know that its a bad idea. Anyone who gets married under the age of 19 has an 85% chance that it will end in divorce. The rate is even higher if there is a child involved. Do yourself a big favor and just WAIT. There's no harm in that, you've already had a baby, so why can't you just wait? If you are going to be together forever anyway, why does it matter when you get married?

Never heard of promise ring in my day,though i was married at 18 there was a stigma them days if a girl got pregnant and unfortunately i did.We had a choice gt married or put baby up for adoption.so i chose Marriage though not reccomended to any young girl ,Get a life before setling down ,Fortunately all my three gils did and all now happily married.

• Lv 5

I think that the problem with teenagers and getting married is that they are living in the moment and think that they will be with their boyfriend/girlfriend forever. Promise rings are kind of like wedding rings. They are promising each other that they will be together forever and theat they will stay faithful, and love him/her forever. Sometimes the parents aren't involved enough in their child's life, or they're busy. I wouldn't know because my parents aren't like that.

It ain't like it was in the old days. My grandpa and grandma got married when she was 14 and he was 16 and had like 10 kids. He just passed away a couple years ago at the age of 77. Now, that's a long time to be with the same person!!

***Papi knows what I'm talkin bout!!

talking about getting married in the future is ok. but talking is the key to learning. i talk with my 17 yr old about relationships he wants in the future with his gf and as long as he is talking to me i can advise him of what i forsee and what i think would be the best course of action and i can advise him on ways to consider to make what he wants a reality. Like getting an education so that he can get a job which he can make enough to support a family on. experience is a great teacher and he has watched me struggle for years to bring up him and his siblings. kids will never know what parents know until they have the same experiences. did you listen to your parents or did you think they were too old to know what your life is like? as for a promise ring i think it is cute.

Hey Jay, wanna be my fan?

I think that it's crazy that a 16 year old is talking about getting married, you know that means they're having sex...which isn't good, being so young in the first place.

Shows how much you know of our past. My grandmother was married at 15 and was with my grandfather until he died. I guess you never had anything serious in your teens.

EDIT - star89... I'm in my 30's and do the family stuff you speak of. I did it when I was a kid even though I was raised in a broken home for a while. My kids get tv time and game time but we do that all as a family :)

I just used my promise ring as an excuse for the ugly guys

Source(s): ohhh wait I was thinking about the "virginity ring"

Well I guess you might have forgotten how you thought and felt when you were that age. Not saying it is right for them to marry at that age, but I am saying that most of us thought we knew what we were feeling and thinking, especially if we thought we were in love.

The only way you can really reach kids at any age is to remember how you felt and thought back then, and then relay whatever it is you want to. Simply telling them they are too young will accomplish nothing except make them want to do it anyway.

My 2 cents

<<<<< been engaged 3 times and doesn't know what a promise ring is.

he's like Yoda today with his advice and wisdom

v

v