Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

who thinks that high school musical 1 & 2 are ruining the magic of disney movies?

i mean COME ON what happend to the classics? Lion King , the little mermaid , the jungle book, sleeping beauty, snow white , beauty and the beast,aladdin and many more!! high school musical is NOTHING compared to them movies! and the storyline is so unrealistic and nothing compared to teen life. the songs are cheesy, and the people who act in the movie cant sing. and dont say "you could be hurting young girls feelings" well im a young girl, im 14 actually , and i think that high school musical has no magic at all! it doesnt give you that tingle of joy when you watch hsm. a young girl under 12 really needs to watch the other movies i listed above to see what disney musicals REALLY are. thats why they're called classics! hsm is trying to make it look like its fun to grow up when its not.i would love to be able to be 9 again. isnt Disney meant for you to feel like a kid, not a teen ?

Best Answer

What about brother bear, oh dear.

I wouldn't say they have ruined the magic but they have definitely changed it or added a whole new category. So, I agree a bit but not totally. Most of the movies lately are computer movies, too, and not the old fashioned animated. Now you have to admit that "Enchanted" was wonderful. Best of both worlds, animated and live people and decent songs! High School Musical movies were made for TV and were pretty good considering that. let's wait and see how #3 is which will be in the theaters. Good Q!

• Well, for some girls, I suppose, HSM does give a "tingle of joy" when they watch it. I have very young nieces and nephews who LOVE it. I don't care for it and neither does my daughter (age 11). I view it as a "cash cow" for Disney. They've made a lot of money off of the merchandising alone! But everyone is different in what they like and don't like.

I don't understand why high school musical is so popular...I think it is really corny and yes, the songs are horrible...I guess that people like it so much because of the "romance", the clothes and all that...yeah and I really don't think high school musical is something that an adult can watch and love and feel great....but disney classics-I could be 40 and still love them!

• Ana

well if u think so badly of it, then just ignore the fact that it even exists. Probably the only reason u asked this question is to irritate the people who actually like the movie. But anyway my answer is no I don't think its idiotic and stupid the storylines of both of the movies are great and the singing in the first one is very good

• im 14 too. high school musical is the pits. its AWFUL. and zac efron is so ugly and such a creepy dude. and shut that mouth of his--might as well call him zac deafron. vanessa hudgens is an obnoxious s-l-u-t whos full of herself (come on, you know it) and the whole movie is just terrible. so boring. so dumb. the acting isnt that good either because the parts are all too something--such as that blond chick sharpay, shes too snobby, even for real life--no self-respecting snob would put THAT much attitude into it. and vanessa hudgens is too goody-2-shoes. stick to the fairytales, disney. oh, and pirates of the caribbean. lol

disney is getting boring but i love HSM 1, 2, and now 3

Oh God did you mention Disney?

I will have to go and lye down as I am starting to see Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse I think I am having Disney spells again sorry!

i SO agree. disney is crap now. it's all about teen popstar wannabees dancing and singing. what ever happened to the good old stuff? even the disney channel movies have gone down the drain. back in the 90s they were so much better.

I hate what HS musical and the new movies have done! I wish they would make movies like they used too!

• jo

I disagree my kids and I love High School Musical.