Can YOU Name a Movie that is a total LET DOWN compared to the book?

I'll name a few of my Grrrr's

American Psycho

Less Than Zero

The Rules Of Atttraction ...yep poor old Easton Ellis gets the Hollywood shoddy treatment

Apt Pupil

Well what's your movie Grrr and why do you think they get it so wrong?

Thanks for taking part! :))

Favorite Answer

Memoirs of a Geisha - they really changed the story from the book. I was really disappointed.

American Psycho is a good one too - they TOTALLY dumbed it down in the movie. Probably because if they did half the things in the book it would have made people VOMIT!

It's just not feasible to put all of the information from a book on the screen. That's what the screenwriter does that adapts the book to the script: chooses the plot moving elements and scraps the rest. It is not easy turning a book into a movie. The book will always have more information. Still, there are some cases of movies that surpassed the book, "Stardust" is the best example.

• Doug

Tom Clancy Books --- The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger.

The Davinci Code is definately a let down after the book for some reason the book was the best book i read in years and when i saw the film it totally washed.....i think it was the hype after the great shockwave the book developed, nothing then could compare with that.!

"Catch 22" - Joseph Heller. Excellent book - couldn't understand/get into the movie. Directed by Mike Nichols (yet).

"Spirit Of The Cave Bear" - Jean M. Auel. Very interesting novel series (Earth's Children). Movie with Daryll Hannah (yet) terrible and had little to do with the book.

I was annoyed with the movie " the Devil wears Prada" I loved that book and was soo excited to see the movie. But the movie wasn't half as good as the book, nor were they true to the character. UGH!

I can only imagine what they will do to "The Other Bolin Girl", that's an excellent book, even though I can't spell it. LOL

• QWERTY

The Prince of Tides

The story was pushed aside so that Barbra Streisand could have some love scenes with Nick Nolte.

• I have to say "I am Legend". To tell you the truth, I haven't gone around to reading the book OR seeing the movie, but I have read a sample chapter of the book and I've read every review I can about the movie, and they are nothing alike.

The Celestine Prophecy

The Da Vinci Code

c'mon !!!!! pulleeeeeeeez

• Lew

My wife read 5 People you meet in Heaven and thought it was a great book. Then she watched the movie and thought it was not worthy compared to the book.