coach asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

How do I get rid of spyware/adware FOREVER!!!?

I tried everything that there is to try:Malware bytes anti-malware, Spybot search an destroy, AVG anti-spyware, windows defender... I tried everything and yet it still won't go away, how do you fix this problem?

(PLZ HELP ME!!!!)

Favorite Answer

try NOD32! its the best.. after i using it, no more virus and spyware in my PC.

There is no such thing has getting rid of spyware/adware "forever". This is something that you will always get when you enter into the world wide web. All you need is to have the proper security to rid yourself of viruses, spyware, adware, malware, keyloggers, rogue dialers, trace spyware, tracking cookies.

All of the security that you have listed in your question in my own personal option is no good. I am a registered beta tester for all antivirus/antispyware and all new software that is not available to the general pubic

Here is what I use. These free tools or purchased tools will clean your PC if infected or you have spyware/adware.

Here is the data on the antivirus that I have used for the past ten years. An I am required by law due to my profession to keep my PC's 100% clean. I use an antivirus from Beijing, China. You pay only a one time fee of $29.99 for life for each PC, includes 7 or 8 daily auto. updates plus all new versions for life.

http://www.filseclab.com/

Here is the data. Technology that is light years ahead of any other antivirus.

It can detect and remove Trojan horses, Spyware, Viruses, Hackers, Adware, Keyloggers and other harmware. The advanced harmful-websites detection technology can block most web-viruses and script-viruses. Realtime protection will automatically monitor every file access against the trojans, spyware and viruses threats. Virus definition update and automatic update supported. Windows Security Center supported. Supports right-click scan from Windows Explorer context menu. Supports compressed files scan. Registry realtime protection will block and fix the harmware to vandalize your Windows registry. Registry Fix Tools can quickly fix a lot of problems about Windows and Internet Explorer. Spyware Removal Assistant can force clean the stubborn trojans and spyware that the other removal tools cannot. The Behavior Analysis Technology can detect the unknown trojans and spyware better. The Windows Trust Verification can raise the anti-rate and reduce the mis-rate. The virus immunity feature can anti-unknown viruses like as biological immunity technology. The scheduled scan supports automatic scan at specified time. Lowest CPU usage rate, best performance

Full Evaluation is 90 days then you must make the one time purchase.

If you want free antivirus, here is an excellent free version with an excellent background scanner, updates every hour on the hour. http://www.avast.com/

Firewall free: ZoneAlarm, free for home personal use. Never had one rouge packet enter my system. Over 131,000 attemps have been block by Zone Alarm. Leak proof as I test every week with "Leak Test". All new version auto. downloads an installs over the old version. http://www.zonealarm.com/ Find under home use.

Spyware I use five. One will always find what the others miss.

http://www.superantispyware.com/ Download the free home for personal use. Will find what all other miss or unable to delete.

http://www.emsisoft.com/ A2Squard Free, will protect you from worms, rogue dialers, keyloggers, malware, spyware, trace spyware and tracking cookies.

I use the purchased Trend Micro Antispyware also.

http://www.lavasoft.com/ I use the free Ad-Adware 2007 free for home personal use.

You can only use one antivirus or you will have serious conflict with your system. You can use four or five antispyware program, if you have the resources.

Minddoctor, France

You are infected with spyware if:

* You see too much pop-up advertisements.

* Your browser has toolbars that you haven't installed.

* Your homepage has changed (and you can't change it back).

* Other settings have changed without your permission.

* Your computer is slow.

To get rid of spyware and keep your computer clean you can use an antispyware or even more.

You can download a antispyware software. There are 10 good anti-spywares.

here is the reviews: http://ttreviews.info/

You can download one and scan your system.

All are safe and can be trusted.

1st tip - don't go on dodgy sites

2nd tip - make sure you always type in a url properly (e.g. correct spelling)

3rd tip - get McAfee Site Advisor for IE or Firefox (www.siteadvisor.com)

4th tip - get some quality real time protection (software that blocks the spyware & viruses from getting on your pc in the first place

5th tip - get a good firewall and block any software that you suspect is a bit dodgy from accessing the web

6th tip - get PC Tools Spyware Doctor (google pack version)

get PC Tools Anti Virus (www.pctools.com)

If this spyware/adware keeps on appearing it could be a false negative.

i also recommend getting ccleaner which lets you delete corrupt registry values, missing shortcuts etc.

If your current software detects these, just manually delete them using the root file name given.

Remember: type in REGEDIT in run and you can access the registry files, however, only do this if you know what you are doing.

Finally, if you haven't already, get Firefox - its much safer and can detect phishing scams, fraudulent sites etc. the best browser combo is firefox with the free McAfee siteadvisor plugin (mentioned above)

You are infected with spyware if:

* Your computer is slow.

here is the reviews: http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-4nngDuI7eqvbd4iXbPp...

All are safe and can be trusted.

First of all, what symptoms are you having that indicates you are infected?

Second of all, the programs you listed above are almost 100% useless and free avg from what I hear comes with spyware. If you use any of the above FREE anti-virus/anti-spyware removal tools, and it does not rid you of your infections and worse makes it worse, good luck contacting the vendor for support on free software. ;p

If your already infected, you need some form of techy to first manually remove the infections from your computer. If you yourself try to manually delete files, you could end of deleting critical systems files which will mess up your computers OS. Then you need software based anti-spyware/anti-virus to prevent it from happening again. If you try to install anti-virus/anti-spyware on infected computers, 1. The infections may prevent you from correctly installing your software 2. If the infection has spread, most softwares out there will not be able to pinpoint every infection.

What steps you need to take is first...have someone manual remove these infections weather using multiple antivirus/antispyware programs or one knowing how to manually delete infection. Example. BestBuy: Geek Sqaud can perform these actions. Then purchase Trend Micro(one of the leading softwares for anti-virus) and Spysweeper(one of the leading softwares for anti-spyware) and have these softwares prevent from further infections. The hardest part of course is first ridding yourself of infections and that can be expensive. Good luck

Source(s): Geek Squad Agent
  • bebout

it easily relies upon on no remember in case you opt to ultimately pay funds for an Anti-undercover agent ware software or not. If not then the loose version of advert-conscious(it additionally has paid variations yet so a methods as i comprehend they grant no trials for those) , Spybot - seek & harm besides as residing house windows Defender are all conceivable strategies. while you're there is style Micro Anti-undercover agent ware, AVG Anti-undercover agent ware and undercover agent Sweeper(each and each of those has time constrained trials so which you would be able to inspect the classes earlier paying for them and all easily do away with any discovered malware even interior the trial version. I strongly propose utilising a minimum of two of those classes because of the fact the different would p.c.. up issues the different does not, especially with loose variations.

You need get a more powerful and Effective anti-spyware tool.

You can find top 5 anti-spywares reviews,comparisons and download links on

http://remove-spywares.info/

You can download and scan your computer for free.

try super antispyware

if that doesnt work, use the below list STEP BY STEP and its 100% gone

get these free tools... adaware(lavasoft.com) spybot(safer-networking.org) HiJackThis(trend.com) winsockfix v1.2(majorgeeks.com) CCleaner (ccleaner.com)

install and run the adaware/spybot updater

disable restore

start-run-apps-accessories-sys... disk cleanup

reboot safe mode w/ networking (continually press f8 upon reboot)

Run adaware and spybot deleting anything they find.

Run Hijackthis (this shows all BHO's on ur browser~very important)

Run CCleaner (Repair/delete anything it finds)

Run free online scan (trend.com bitdefender.com pandasoftware.com) remove any findings

Run winsockfix v1.2

reboot

enable restore

you might also try these commands in your run box

start run cmd ~

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip reset

regsvr32 softpub.dll

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh interface ip delete arpcache

please note ::: using mozilla firefox with the following addons noscript noflash adblock (95% reduction in spyware/malware)

Go to http://www.spywareremover-download.com/

Download the best spyware and adware remover program.

Hi, this is Lauren and I’m following up on a previous post about my company’s product: Zone Alarm. Thank you, MindDoct, for the recommendation. I just wanted to let you know that there is a $20 discount on the Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite which you can get at http://sweeps.zonealarm.com./ Just click on the box in the upper right corner. Thanks for considering Zone Alarm and please let me know if you have any questions. ~Lauren