Is MTV one of the worst things to ever happen to the music world?

Don't get me wrong, folks. When I was a kid during the 80s, I LOVED MTV! (That was when they actually focused on music instead of stupid "reality" shows!) However, since MTV has been around, music has become SO commercialized! Not only that, but the music industry nowadays focuses more on style than... show more Don't get me wrong, folks. When I was a kid during the 80s, I LOVED MTV! (That was when they actually focused on music instead of stupid "reality" shows!) However, since MTV has been around, music has become SO commercialized! Not only that, but the music industry nowadays focuses more on style than substance. If you have a dynamite voice, but you're not telegenic or photogenic, your chances of making it big in the music industry are slim. If MTV had been around during the 50s and 60s, we probably would have missed out on the likes of Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, and Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. And God only knows what talented people the music world is now missing out on, thanks to the commercialization of music.