brandon s asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

Brown Tree Frog Need Help!!!!!?

im not familular with frogs at ALL! but i recently found a brown tree frog in my pool i didnt want to leave it there to die so i took it in and put him in a 10 gal tank, took him to the local petco lol and they gave me a whole bunch of things hes pretty tiny not very big but i need help on HOW TO TAKE CARE OF IT....! thanks

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello - just so you dont go out and buy thins you don't require. Brown Tree Frogs actually DO NOT require a heat lamp at all - hence why we have them in the Adelaide Hills. So don't fuss about that. They will jump for flies and eat crickets happily (2-3 a day). They need fresh water which is changed every 3-5 days (20% of water only so not a huge change for the little beast). Dry land and water/wet/damp is best. They are climbers so cover the talk or they WILL escape. Add tree branches, rocks and real or plastic plants for them to be entertained with. Hope this helps :)

From Tracey

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Brown Tree Frog

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Here is what I would do. Buy any type of electronic timer that has a range that includes 12 hours. Power the UV lamp with it but be sure to cover up half of your terrarium with cardboard close to the bottom for a place for him to hide. Frogs need rest, darkness and sleep but if not handled enough will love you if you gently stroke it's belly with one finger while upside down but only once in a while. A lizard goes out like a light as well as a frog.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Brown Tree Frog Need Help!!!!!?

im not familular with frogs at ALL! but i recently found a brown tree frog in my pool i didnt want to leave it there to die so i took it in and put him in a 10 gal tank, took him to the local petco lol and they gave me a whole bunch of things hes pretty tiny not very big but i need help on HOW TO...

Source(s): brown tree frog help: https://shortly.im/MqzKZ
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

first of all you need to be totally sure that it is a tree frog... bc obviously they are not native to the area... so you need to make sure it is not sick before you begin to care for the animal... reptiles do carry disease and they need to be checked...

anyway... lol

1st: Needs

tank, heat light, mesh top on tank, at least two thinks to hide under in the tank... one needs to be a half "tree" and the other needs to be vines/tree leaves (artificial)... water dish (they love to sit in it)... crickets/mealworms to eat... "bedabeast" (google it or ask for it at a local pet store)... also and this a=is very important... reptile water conditioner.... again you can get it at your local pet store...

2nd Care:

you need to put the tank in a room that is free from drafts and breezes... they are not tolerant to cold... hence the heat lamp.... you really do not want the tank near a window either...

leave the heat lamp on at all times... you will actually need two lamps... one for the day and one for the night... one has to be on at all times...

change the bedding once every two weeks (or whenever it is dirty)

also... depending on the species... you will need to keep the humidity very high in the tank... this might mean that you will have to mist the tank with a mist bottle a few times a day... its a good idea to get a thermometer and a hydrometer from the store too to keep track of the levels...

hope this was some what helpful...

here are some links to some more helpful information...

http://www.petsmart.com/uc/petarticles_db.jsp?ucCa...

woodchips might harm the frog... they have VERY sensitive skin... go with the "bedabeast"

Source(s): i work at petsmart and i am going to school to work with animals
  • DVeek
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

it just need a heat lamp

woodchips

a hide area

food crickets

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.