do we deserve the leaders we elect?

even if we were cheated?

Best Answer

No but it seems no matter who wins, the victory will always be tainted with accusations of cheating from the losing sides, unless the winner gets a clear and unmistakable mandate of the people.

sad... but true, either way during the previous election, it would have been hard to choose who would win.

we would need to have voter's education and lots of volunteer work to help our fellow Filipino's choose a better leader.

I hope we dont really deserve the leader's we get, but I hope we get the leader's we need, those who will place the country and the majority of the need's of Filipino's above one's self and above the party.

Most of the time, the political party, or those close to the person's in power gets the ears and attention and sadly the deals as well.

I am sure the Philippine's is not alone in this situation, Thailand had ousted their Prime Minister, the US has accusations against their President, our Neighbor in japan and Malaysia has their own political issues. So we must not lose hope that the situation we have now is our own, but it is a global issue, an issue of power and favoring those in power.

We are still lucky though, our media is more free than most, the internet provides easy access to information, digital camera and pictures can capture more information to back up accusations, and we are still a patient and religous nation.

Sobriety and a search for truth, trying to understand both sides would be needed.

Some deserve the leaders we now have. They elected them to office for reasons of their own. Others do not deserve them because they chose other candidates who they knew were more qualified and truly dedicated. However, all that is in the past, even the cheating. What is more important now is that, I hope, the people have learned a valuable lesson and in the next elections, choose the right man for the right reason.

These leaders who cheated in the election are one thing, it's another to rob the country blind. To say that these anomalies are not unique to our country but prevalent in, or common to, other countries as well, including the US, is a logical fallacy. It's like saying, "hayaan na natin kasi lahat naman ginagawa na yan." I'll rest my case there, for others with such a mindset will always have the last word.

The most I can say is, both cheats and corrupt leaders, on the one hand, and apathetic and indifferent Filipinos, on the other, deserve each other.

They wurse thing is that there are so many people in the province who only watch channel 7 or filipino movies. Which is the only recognation for them to vote the latest moviestar. You have seen that with Estrada and fernando Po. The real wise people are already abroad what is left are those who the people deserve. Just watch a movie and choose your favorit,diba?

But thats not only in the philippines its almost everywhere.

Its therefore not neccessary to be smart, just to think will be enough for a change.

Absolutely! At least we get to vote. And if it means that much to you that your person win, then maybe you should get out there and campaign for them. You can always take the opportunity to educate others about issues that are important to you, especially in an election year, when everyone is all ears! There are presidents I didn't vote for, but I respected them as president, and the process anyway. What's the point of voting if we only accept "our team" as the winner. The thing that makes this country great is that we can accept our leadership, even if our candidate is the loser. It's still OUR country, and we still have lives to live and work to do. We should be greatfull for that.

being a monday, nena will give you serious answer ---

i don't know how and when it happened but the sanctity of the ballot has long been gone in the philippines. seems like we just woke up one morning and suddenly our elections - from the campaign days to d-day - have become one BLOODY CIRCUS. there's the accusations and counter-accusations. seems like the contest is whoever can cheat better wins!!!

most of the time, the roster of candidates isn't exactly glowing so who do we elect - the least of all evils? so yes, if we elect them, then we deserve them. we already know how it works and yet, we go through the exercise in futility.

does it mean it's doom and gloom for us? not necessarily.

how about a national boycott - like on election day, we ALL stay home. if we don't vote, then there are no votes to count...if there are no votes, they cannot cheat!

just an opinion po.

As to date, we don't deserve the leaders elected since dictatorial regime. That's precisely I don't exercise my right to vote during political elections because I've never seen yet the true leaders of our nation. I see them as political trapos who are after their own bested interest. There are probably a few who have genuine objectives to take this country out of poverty, boost the economy and lead this nation as free from graft and corruption. Tell me, are they existing or aren't born yet?

Murtha is very unpopular with the population at large, so it would be a mistake for the Dems to appoint him. Murtha was the first to accuse the troops of "murder" without an investigation and then recant the next day.

It's the set-up of the government. Were giving so much power to one person. And drives the country to the direction that favors them without giving the consideration to the majority of the population.