To My RHH People: What is the last book you read??

Couldve posted this somewhere else, but since this is a mostly urban board, I wanted to see what MY people were reading. So, whats the last book you read?? If you are reading something now, you can tell us that one too.

The last book I read was "It's Like Candy:A Urban Novel". Was good in the beginning, but the author kept letting secrets out to early in the book. The book I'm reading now is "Something On The Side" by Carl Weber. Carl Weber is a master when it comes to writing dramatic books. Most authors lay the drama on to thick, but he gives you the right amount. Also, he just doesnt have sex in his book just for the hell of it.

Just to throw this in here: Its this book called "Pimps Up, Hoes Down". Its about Hiphop's effect on women. A must read.

Best Answer

"what Came Before He Shot Her" by Elizabeth George.. an absolute must-read y'all.. It's about a group of siblings growing up in the ghettos of UK, and it's is just remarkable... Definetly go out and look for it if you are into reading.

• Sa_San

I read "In Cahootz" by Quentin Carter. It was a sequel to "Hoodwinked". Interesting read. I didn't like the way how he portrayed the Jamaicans to talk in the book. You can tell that the dialouge/accents were fake. Anyway the next book to read is "Dutch 3". I will have to read it next month. Because of classes it would be hard for me to read that and focus on my schoolwork at the same time.

I read a book by Carl Weber last summer "So You Call Yourself A Man." Good read. If you haven't read it, you should read it. You won't be able to put it down.

I constantly have a few on the go -

Right Now:

Gangs of New York-Herbert Asbury

My Story-Judith Moran

Develop Confidence - Ros Taylor

Uncommissioned Art - Christine Dew

Last book I finished was either

Alien Base-Timothy Good

or

The Dodger-Duncan McNab

The last ebook I read used to be called Marching Powder via Rusty young. It was once about Thomas McFadden who was imprisoned in a reformatory in Bolivia. It used to be a fine learn. Now i'm reading The Silent struggle about Police killings in Victoria for the period of the eighty's and early ninety's. Edit-i've excessive necessities and that might be one among them. Next thing you understand she'd be looking to say you could handiest hearken to Nelly or Ja Rule for the reason that she thinks they're sexy(true Story it happened to my friend when he bought married)

The last book I read was 'Wolf of the Plains' by Conn Iggulden....It is the first book in a trilogy about the life of Genghis Khan.

I am currently reading the 2nd book 'Lords of the Bow'

I think both are excellent.

• I'm currently reading "A Seperate Peace" by John Knowles for my english class.

The book I read before that one was "The Bronx Masquerade" by Nikki Grimes

The Iliad by Homer

the count of monte cristo

had to read if for literature class

like 500+ pages in that book

aint neva finish that thing. 100 pages short. oh well.

• 1984 by George Orwell.

Barak Obama's book. Tryin to see what this dude is really about...