Mrs. Fuzzy Bottoms asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Do they make a dandruff shampoo for dogs?

During this cold weather my little guy gets dandruff. I don't over bathe him, only twice a month with an oatmeal shampoo. I also give him the omega 3 supplements daily. Any suggestions? BTW, he is a bichon shih tzu mix.

Favorite Answer

twice a month during the winter seems a bit much...try cutting back to a monthly bath and add conditioner. Also, try adding flax seed oil to his diet. Brush him regulary to stimulate oil production in his skin. Make sure he is on a super premium brand of dog food, not the foods you find in the grocery.

• SJ

He probably gets in because of the dry air inside the house (if you keep your dog inside a lot) Maybe get a humidifier not only good for your dog's skin but yours as well.

I'm sorry I don't know about pet dandruff shampoo but I'm sure there will be something on the market. Why not ask your vet or groomer.

Try a deep hydrating conditioner when your dog. My dog has the same prob but I can only give her a bath once every two months cause of her skin. Try only giving your dog a bath once a month sometimes 2 times a month can be to much.

If you find out anything let me know, because my avatar could use a good wash.

There's other ways you can waste your money you know.