andrea d asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

i had blonde hair but i put a jet black rinse in my hair and it turned my hair green...?

and i know that i would have to get a corrective color but i dont want jet black any more so can i just get a diffrent color with just a regular hair color or will i still have to get a corrective color for the green hair?????

Favorite Answer

the reason your hair went green is because you used an Ash based dye, that didnt have any red undertones. If you are planning on still keeping a darker color you shouldnt have a problem re-dying your hair, just make sure you dont choose an ash color, your going to need a color with a red undertones, if you plan on going light (blond), your going to have problems even professional hair stylists cannot remove green color from hair in one treatment.

• Brett

It really depends on how green your hair now is and the type of color "rinse" you used.

It is likely that you will be able to end up with some shade of brown.

Go to a professional this time, and if you still have the packaging for your "rinse" take it with you also.

Source(s): Worked wholesale beauty supply.
  • Becky

Try using a red dye to counteract the green tones.

I find blonde hair with pale skin to be interesting, and dark hair with tanned epidermis to also be attractive

Is dependent on the person. I have aircraft black hair and it looks excellent on me, and I have friends with blonde hair that looks fantastic on them.

wow... im confused

lol