Question about Messianic Judaism?

I know Jews strongly dislike Messianic Judaism but I have some friends who are Messianic Jews and I'm not going to say anything agaisnt them and it is kinda cool. I'm Roman Catholic and find it very similar. Anyway I went to a Passover meal with them last year and they used the Biblical quote "Do this... show more I know Jews strongly dislike Messianic Judaism but I have some friends who are Messianic Jews and I'm not going to say anything agaisnt them and it is kinda cool. I'm Roman Catholic and find it very similar. Anyway I went to a Passover meal with them last year and they used the Biblical quote "Do this in rememberance of me." to refer to the Passover. Catholics believe Jesus was referring to the Eucharist. But the phrase got me to wondering. Why would Jesus specifically point out the Passover when Messianic Jews keep a lot of the Jewish Tradition? They would keep the Passover anyway. I wanted to ask them to explain it but am afraid it might offend them.

Be courteous.
Update: As I am Catholic I do disagree with them on quite a few things but I agree that keeping some of the Jewish Traditions is good and that the verse people point to when explaining why we don't is mis-interpereted.
Update 2: I know what Messianic Judaism is. I would not ask a question like this if I didn't know what it is. I still do not have an answer.
Update 3: Wow I didn't know how discontented Jews are with this. I figured they were a little because I would be and I don't think they respect Judaism properly myself as I know a whole lot more than they do in some areas. I'm frustrated with the situation myself and this was just a question that I had.