Highlights?

I have like reallyy dark brown hair and I wanted to add some highlights but i didn't want them to be too drastic where the colors contrast that much. so what would look better on my dark brown hair:

light brown (caramel highlights) or

medium/regular brown highlights

Favorite Answer

Medium/reg. brown highlights if your hair is really dark(almost black) and if you want them to look subtle and natural.You don't want to make them look too light or else you would look like a skunk as my mother would say.Also, don't make the actual highlights too thick if you are doing them out of the box, but if you are going to a professional they will know what to do.xoxo♥ GoOd LuCk

well, i think that you should add a little of both, like a caramel color mixed with some highlights of like a cranberry color to bring it out. and if you dont wanna put 2 colors in your hair then i htink you should go with like a auburn color or sumthing not too light or not too dark, just so it can like stand out but not too much cuz you dont wanna look like a highlighter head =]!

lol, well i hope i helped but let me know how it works out.!

light brown (caramel highlights); you don't want to much of a contrast between the black and the brown.

a friend of mine has really dark hair and she got red highlights. they are very subtly, but look amazing on her

Lauren <3

medium brown highlights trust me it looks alot better

some little red highlights will look good too

i know people with carmel, red and black highlights!

The carmel and red are very cute!

but at my school this girl has brown hair but the back underneath her hair is black!

It is soo cute!

~good luck on whatever you get~

i think u should go for medium brown highlights, and a haircut which would excentuate them, have fun with it =))

Medium brown low-lights would DEFINETLEY be the way to go!