Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

how can u cure lymphoma?

how can u cure lymphoma

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Treatment of Lymphoma

Treatment planning takes into account the type of lymphoma, the stage of disease, whether it is likely to grow slowly or rapidly, and the general health and age of the patient. Common treatment options for several types are as follows:

Low Grade

Low-grade lymphomas include small lymphocytic, follicular small cleaved, and follicular mixed cell. For low-grade lymphomas, which usually grow very slowly and cause few symptoms, the doctor may wait until the disease shows signs of spreading before starting treatment.

Although low-grade lymphomas grow slowly and respond readily to chemotherapy, they almost invariably return and are generally regarded as incurable. The long-term outcome has not been favorably affected by the use of intermediate chemotherapy. Single agent or combination chemotherapy or radiation therapy may be required when the disease progresses or begins to cause symptoms.

Intermediate and High Grades

Intermediate grade includes follicular large cell, diffuse small cleaved, diffuse mixed cell, and diffuse large cell. The chance of recovery and choice of treatment depend on the stage of the cancer, age, and overall condition. Whatever the origin, the features that best predict the prognosis and guide decisions about therapy are the size, shape and pattern of the lymphocytes as seen microscopically.

Intermediate- and high-grade lymphomas are curable. Treatment for intermediate- or high-grade lymphomas usually involves chemotherapy, with or without radiation therapy. In addition, surgery may be needed to remove a large tumor.

Combination chemotherapy is almost always necessary for successful treatment. Chemotherapy alone, or abbreviated chemotherapy and radiation, cure 70 to 80 percent of patients with limited (Stages I and II) intermediate-grade lymphoma. Advanced (Stages III and IV) disease can be eradicated in about 50 percent of patients.

• 1 decade ago

There are some diffrent types of lymphomas...hodgkin's or nonhodgkins so which type are we talking? with hodgkins it is not as serious but nonhodgkins is a bit worse that the other. the basic treatment for both is chemo, radiation

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The pastor of my church had Lymphoma and he refused radiation and chemotherapy treatment. its been 13 years now and he is still alive and very healthy still pastoring the church.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Chemotherapy and possible stem cell transplant

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont think there is a cure ...but this research group is trying to find one http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/

• 1 decade ago

Read www.cancertutor.com it works

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think it can be but it depends on what type it is as they are many

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.