what does "give me a high -five " mean? when and why do people use it?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It means, "Way to go!"

also, YES! that was so cool!

It can mean many things, usually celebrating an accomplishment, no matter how small or large.

• 3 years ago

Give Me A High Five

• coury
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

High Five Definition

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In the 70's it was called "slap me some skin, or give me five."

The years have flown by and society adapts to new changes influenced by television, music, actors...etc

When the younger generation adapts to the new flow on the street sort of speak it's captured and repeated like a monkey see monkey do type of thing. Once it has been accepted it becomes part of the new slay on the streets, but it will die out like all others have and a new slay shall ring that might come form an actor or singer that reveals their saying to the public.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Laura
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw0dj

It means he wants to give you a high five. Men, we are simple creatures, we generally say what we mean, without hidden meanings, just because women are emotionally retarded doesn't mean we are as well. Examples. What men mean. I'm hungry = I'm hungry I'm sleepy = I'm sleepy I'm tired = I'm tired Do you want to go to a movie? = I'd eventually like to have sex with you Can I take you out to dinner? = I'd eventually like to have sex with you Can I call you sometime? = I'd eventually like to have sex with you May I have this dance? = I'd eventually like to have sex with you I'm bored = Do you want to have sex? I love you = Let's have sex now! Let's talk = I'll impress you by showing you I am a deep guy then maybe sex? Will you marry me? = I want to make it illegal for you to have sex with others What's wrong? = What stupid self inflicted psychological trauma is it now? I don't think that blouse and that skirt go well together = I'm gay See very simple. Now women. Yes = No No = Yes Maybe = No I'm sorry = You'll be sorry We need = I want It's your decision = The correct decision should be obvious by now Do what you want = You'll pay for this later We need to talk = I need to complain Sure go ahead = I don't want you to I'm not upset = Of course I'm upset, you moron! You're so manly = You need a shave and you sweat a lot Be romantic, turn out the lights = I have flabby thighs This kitchen is so inconvenient = I want a new house I want new curtains = and carpeting, and furniture, and wallpaper I heard a noise = I noticed you were almost asleep Do you love me? = I'm going to ask for something expensive How much do you love me? = I did something today you're going to hate I'll be ready in a minute = You might as well have a nap You have to learn to communicate = Just agree with me Are you listening to me!? = [Too late, you're dead]

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what does "give me a high -five " mean? when and why do people use it?

Source(s): quot give high quot people it: https://shortly.im/VvuAy
  • wazat
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Give me five means,you hold your hand out and someone slaps your hand.It basically means "Oh yeah!"

high five is when you hold your hand in the air,requiring the other person to almost jump up to slap their palm.It means"Hell yeah!!!"

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Make Higher Jumps http://emuy.info/VerticalJumpTraining/?4oDQ
  • Zeena
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It's when people lift their hands up in the air and slap them (you and another person).

It's a way of saying 'excellent', or 'well done', 'or we did it'.

People often do it when they've just done something good or won something.

Take a look at the pictures.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.