Anonymous

How come some People say Black people cannot get freckles??

I'm black and I have freckles and I have it on my hands, feet, part of my lips and back but How come some people think that??

Some ignorant people in my area said that?

to Venus: They have the mentality that the only way black person gets freckles if they are mixed but I am not mixed though

Favorite Answer

becuase the ignant' !!!

lol, but seriously, individuals within our society buy into the perceived assertions spewing out of the mouths of ignorant people and who have created a detrimental ambience in our society...

I'm glad you asked this question because I'm black and there are at least 4 people in my family with freckles and some of them are dark-skinned.

black people can get freckles even if theyre darkskinned.

and btw, most black people are mixed with european, the average black person has about 20% white DNA. so just because you dont have white parents dont mean you aint mixed.

because of slavery, the slaveowners sexually expolited their slaves, and it was estimated that about 1 out of every 5 slaves born in a given year were actually fathered by white men. these genes passed down from generation to generation, which is why there are light skinned african americans, people with naturally blond hair, people with dark skin and hazel eyes, and people with curly hair. I had light brown hair when i was younger, even though i'm not light skinned or anything, and i have cousins with hazel eyes and straight hair as well who are dark.

People are dumb. In my family when you grow older you get freckles.

Many of us have freckles.

Who said that? Im starting to get then on my cheeks

• LillyB

Obviously then your skin is not actually black. If you have black skin you cannot have freckles. If you have light skin then you can have freckles but somewhere along the line, hate to tell you, but you have some white blood.

i guess cause its pretty rare