Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Corrupt politics in America mean another 8 years for republicans?

People are being silly and saying that they will vote republican out of spite if their candidate does not win. Why?

Is that not dangerous? Does that not mean a worse recession for the next couple of years?

Are we going to bring a recession upon ourselves? Remember the politicians are well off, they will not feel the recession. However, us with jobs that pay under 100 K will feel it. The poorer the worse of we will be if nothing happens.

We need a democrat in order to fix this mess.

I think that the democrats have much more foresight than McCain. Especially regarding the war in Iraq.

pinkie: I didn't say anything bad about Hillary... are you alright?

BIG BOPPER: Do you realize that Bill Clinton brought us out of debt before? Bush had a booming economy to work with. So what went wrong? You cannot deny the recession. It is known that we are in a recession.

No, I am just saying to hit Al Quada where they organize and have settled in rather than attacking where you thought that they were but they were not.

doctdon: I have to question your judgment since, McCain said on national TV these exact words:

"I don't know much about the economy".

Will you trust someone who said that with your finances? Clearly you do not know much about politics or what is goign on.

vantz: No one is perfect, people will always want something better. So at times like this, you choose who you think will do the best job out of all the candidates. You don't just give up...

Best Answer

George Bush's Resignation Speech

If Bush resigned today, this is what his speech would be.....

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans', not doing it this time. If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore. I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer. I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone gets all in lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution, let me assure you: There's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people. I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world. Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours. And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media. Polls show that the majority of you think the economy is in the tank. And that's despite record numbers of homeowners, including record numbers of MINORITY homeowners. And while we're mentioning minorities, I'll point out that minority business ownership is at an all-time high. Our unemployment rate is as low as it ever was during the Clinton administration. I've mentioned all those things before, but it doesn't sink in.

Despite the shock to our economy ofMeanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security. 9/11, the stock market has rebounded to record levels and more Americans than ever are participating in these markets.

We face real threats in the world.

Don't give me this 'blood for oil' crap. If I were trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied; People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact that the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Clinton established that policy. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die. That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can. But they are. They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe. You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor.'

Instead, you've grown impatient You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy. Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, you might just as well FedEx a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet, it just isn't on the pages of the New York Times or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol.

I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out, even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a Cat 5 hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your idiotic belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So, I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream of) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too.

That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it - you can have her. Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope that there are just enough of you remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it.

God bless what's left of America . Some of you know what I mean. The rest of you - kiss my ***!

I am not a Republican nor am I a Democrat. I will try to vote for the right person for the job; however, as I look at the line up there are three persons who are biding for the role of president. When I review the merits of each candidate I have to pause and nod my head. Nope. this candidate is not for me. Move on to the next one and I have a similar experience. The third one is no different. Oh sure there are differences between the three candidates but these differences do not make one candidate stand out more than the others. To be perfectly truthful none are presidential material. A serious Delema. We need someone at this time who is very experienced. solid in his actions, well versed in international politics and American economics. Which one of the three fits this requirement?Neither one. America is in deep S**t!!!!

I agree 100%, the republicans ****** us over. I'm not saying democrats are much better, some of them could be corrupt because they're tied to corporations. If anything i would prefer Ralph Nader, even though he screwed us over with the elections, he is an honest and true american who would most likely change america, he was infact the one who advocated automobile safety and the main reason why we have safer cars today. We don't need these corporate greedy republicans any longer, nor their tax evasions.

Democrats and change seem good, and i think we're gonna have to start showing those greedy republicans that we're not going to let them take advantage of us poor and middle class any more! They tried to Get rid of Social security, they claim we don't need health care while 47 million don't have it and some are dying. They don't pay anywhere near as much as us in tax %. CEOs are especially corrupt, they make more than 100 minimum wage workers a year, tell me this, why is that, and why is it that they and other CEOs decide how much they make? why should we suffer? One last thing, the reason why we don't have wage increase is because rich/greedy republicans in office avoid us from making more for minimum wage.

A vote for Democrats is a vote for the lesser of 2 evils. At least they will get some stuff done in congress! Maybe they will even solve our massive debt problems caused by the Bush Regime and their alleged tax cuts to the rich. Voting for those republicans will only cause us more debt, more tax cuts towards the rich, a larger gap between rich and poor, more corporate corruption, and an unstable infrastructure with many parks and city property needed massive repairs.

Get Real......you know absolutely nothing about economics. Obama & Hillary each have a 110 + Billion Dollar Tax Increase Plan which will plunge the US into the deepest recession since the Great Depression. McCain has a Tax Relief Plan which will help to bring the US out of a recession toward a stabilized economy & prosperity for all.

I think it's funny that democrats think that more cheese eater programs and higher taxes are always the answer how about smaller government less taxes. You know Clinton rode the coattails of the republicans matter of fact the economy started to decline during the last yrs of Clinton in office. He ignored Osama and bc of that we had 911 during the first yr of Bush. Tax and spend on social programs are not the answer, the President has little to do with the economy except for the fact that more taxes and more government interference destroys the free market which hurts the economy.

I don't think a democrat can "fix this mess" at all. In fact, I got even better off financially when Bush was president than when Clinton was president, and guess what, the guy sitting in the white house had nothing to do with it.

The economy isn't run by a president, it is run by the people. If you want to live under a president who is going to "fix" the economy, I invite you to move to Venezuela, their "president" Hugo Chavez is already doing a bang up job screwing over his own people and telling them it is for their own good.

• pinkie

Hillary is for having a balanced budget, of having jobs we can go to, of having our dear soldiers home again, of having schools be responsible for their own test scores again, of having equality and prosperity in the work-place and in the fields. HIllary is not a member of a black-only church with an agenda that supports only blacks, citing Africa as the nation of your first loyalty. She doesn't attend a church that honors people like Louis Farrakhan and has a racist pastor like the Rev.White. Everyone who has EVER known Hillary Clinton knows that she has always been a stand -up person on civil rights..so go do your research and prove me wrong.Can't be done because what I am saying is true!

Politics and economics are not your strong suits are they? The last thing we need in office now is a democrat.

Get it straight neither a DEMONcrat nor a RepubliCAN has the power to wave a magic wand and make everything goody goody gumdrops.

No thank you. The last thing I want in office is a democrat that will depress my wallet further with social programs that have nothing to do with me.