lovemyboo! asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know how much pocket beagles cost?

My boyfriend wants to get me one but doesnt know what they cost. They are the cutest dogs ever. Does anyone know the average cost for a pocket beagle puppy? It has to be a pocket beagle. Not a regular beagle. Please let me know if you do know anything. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

If you buy a "pocket" beagle you will be buying a very poor quality pet. It is probably a runt with stunted growth and all sorts of health problems, which will cost you a fortune in vets bills.

The ONLY people who sell "pocket" or "teacup" breeds are back yard breeders and puppy farms - and the ONLY reason they do it is to con gullible people out of their money!

If you buy one you will be supporting, encouraging and funding poor care, irresponsible breeding and animal abuse. You can also expect to spend a fortune on a sick dog.

Please find a proper breed of dog, eg a normal beagle, from a reputable, responsible breeder. Or better - rescue one of the many already needing homes!

Source(s): BSc animal management Dog owner

Teacup Beagle Puppies

Teacup Beagle For Sale

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): pocket beagles cost: https://biturl.im/kU4MY

You have got to be kidding, a "Pocket Beagle"!!!! Let me suggest this; Go out and adopt a regular size Beagle, then go out and buy a very big overcoat with extremely large pockets. That way, you can put the Beagle in one of the pockets and presto, you have a "Pocket Beagle".

Pocket is nothing more than poorly bred or runt of litter. PLEASE do not encourage unethical breeders to continue doing this by buying one of their dogs.

Try petfinder.com and type in beagle. You have a choice of age to look at as well as gender. A shelter or rescue beagle can cost anywhere from $100-350 or so depending on the shelter/rescue.

No I do not know how much they cost because technically they do not exist but if they cost more than the price of shots and spaying/neutering, then it is too much.

Don't support backyard breeders by buying a poorly bred beagle created for the sole purpose of making a buck.

• You do realize the conditions "pocket beagles" are bred in right? The health problems from breeding 2 unhealthy runts together? The fact that the people that "breed" these dogs are only in it for the money and don't care about their dogs? That greeders are liars and about 99.9% of the time your "pocket beagle" will end up being the same size as any other beagle?

Beagles come in two sizes.

13in

and 15in

Beagles are NOT for everyone, they are noisy, STUBBORN, highly energetic and have a high prey drive. Do further research into the breed and why "pocket beagles" are just another gimmick to lure people into buying unhealthy, low quality dogs for a profit.

No such thing. A "pocket beagle" is an undersized or dwarf beagle,and they are prone to all sorts of health problems,including epilepsy,hydrocephalus,etc.People who breed "pocket beagles" are just in it for the money and don't care about the health and welfare of the dogs.Don't get suckered.If you want a little dog,get a Chihuahua.

http://www.geocities.com/aladarbeagles/pocket.html

Source(s): Have had dogs all my life.

You can get pocket beagles at your local Dollar Stores and Wal-Marts. They come in a pack of about 15 other little plastic other animals.