Aircraft Contract awarded to French Company....why the outrage?

Has anyone else wondered why our Congressmen, and Senators are 'up in arms' and really ticked off that the contract to build refuleing planes didn't go to an "American Company" but they could give a rats behind about the outsourcing of our non-military manufacturing and textile industry jobs?

why the outrage?

Update:

byw i find it interesting that some of the people yelling the loudest are also the people who were speaking on their soapbox for free trade.....

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Why should our tax dollars go outside the country to build something for our military. It's effed Up.

• houpt
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If liberals have the flexibility to make a huge deal of this, i've got faith it is going to blow up of their faces. Treating this like a jobs difficulty extremely of a countrywide secure practices difficulty merely reminds people of the stereotypical liberal who does not care approximately protection. If it have been merely a count of the "foreign places" aircraft being extra value-effective, i could probable say the roles have been extra substantial than the cost distinction, yet till somebody proves that the militia became incorrect in determing that the Boeing aircraft became the inferior product, I stand by potential of their decision.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is disenginious of Pelosi to blame McCain. It is congress that makes the process by which the military procures it's equipment. Congress has it within it's power to make law that requires the Pentagon to buy everything from US companies but they don't. They did make a law that requires the military to buy from the lowest bidder whether that bidder is based in Cleveland or Moscow. So contract has to be very, very detailed and still they have to go to the lowest bidder. This is the fault of Congress in general. Pelosi is a liar.

Veteran, military supply

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually most of the planes will be built on American soil by American workers.

They are politicians, the care about themselves alone, and they might not get elected next time of they do not due that is certain states.

Like all in DC, they are more intersted in self than the common good.

Most DC people are not bright

Source(s): US resident
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't understand it either.

It is quite simple. Airbus offered a better aircraft that the USAF found met their requirements better than the Boeing aircraft.

Do people think that because Boeing is American that it should automatically get the contract? Talk about narrow-mindedness.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because they don't sell refueling tankers at Walmart?

Perhaps it is the fact that Scarebus promises 25,000 jobs and Boeing promised 44,000.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kind of blows the whole 'war industry profiteering' conspiracies out of the water...

• 2A
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

people here have no clue about airplanes...no this is a mute point

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.