What does it mean for someone to "be true" to themselves?

Favorite Answer

Basically just what it says. Accept yourself for who you are by learing to love others and yourself. Be a genuine person. Be content with you and have pride.

To accept a certain thing about themselves rather than making excuses for something or being in denial. For example I could think of a thousand excuses for doing bad on an exam or I could just accept that I didn't work hard enough.

Humility is a great gift. I believe it is achieved by total submission of one’s will to God’s will. In the Sermon of the Mount Jesus says: “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth”. The meek (or humble) are those who quietly submit to God; who can bear insult; are silent, or return a soft answer; who, in their patience, keep possession of their own souls, when they can scarcely keep possession of anything else. These meek ones are blessed, even in this world. Meekness promotes wealth, comfort, and safety. The scriptures time and time again relate how God loves the humble. From Zephaniah, "Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth, who have observed his law; seek justice, seek humility;" and "I will leave as a remnant in your midst a people humble and lowly, who shall take refuge in the name of the Lord: the remnant of Israel." And from Psalm 146, "The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down." From Corinthians: "Think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise, not many influential, and surely not many well-born. God chose the absurd to shame the wise; he singled out the weak to shame the strong. He chose the lowborn and despised, those who count for nothing, to reduce to nothing those who were something." God judge a person by the success they have achieved in this world. But He reaches out with love and healing and blessings to the meek, the poor, the oppressed, the hungry, the blind, strangers, orphans, widows, the weak, the despised, the sorrowing, and the persecuted.

being true to yourself means having your own opinions, values, and beliefs. not marred or influenced by other people, religion, or society. you say what you feel and you do what you want and not worry about what others think and pretend to be someone else just to compromise

Being yourself in all situations and not caring what other people think and also not making excuses for it at all. For example, I am a lesbian and don't care who approves or disapproves.

Source(s): I am true to myself at all times

Most gay people know , or eventually learn , something about shrugging off the pressures of society in order to learn more about who they are , versus who they are supposed to be .

It means following your heart and doing what makes you happy, no matter what other people want or tell you to do.

It means do what you really like and feel what is correct. Be honest.