FAFSA EFC question... change in income from last tax year?

Filled out my FAFSA and came back with an EFC of 3905. My mom is a stay at home mom, my stepdad got laid off and got a severance, that made our family income look a lot higher than it usually is, and a LOT higher than it is now. Stepdad is working two part time jobs and not making nearly the same as before. Plus... show more Filled out my FAFSA and came back with an EFC of 3905. My mom is a stay at home mom, my stepdad got laid off and got a severance, that made our family income look a lot higher than it usually is, and a LOT higher than it is now. Stepdad is working two part time jobs and not making nearly the same as before. Plus my father will stop paying child support once I graduate HS in a few months. Will any of this matter when applying for aid? As it is, I'm planning on living at home and attending community college as we have very little saved for tuiton.

Thanks!
Update: fafsa was filled out using 2007 taxes, my stepdad was laid off in early November and is working PT at Walmart and PT as a substitute teacher, when I said making a lot less money, I meant A LOT less. ;(