Stocks, online trading?

I would like to know how can I invest in stocks, or online trading. Are there any teaching tools? I know nothing about either one. I am looking to supplement my income.

Favorite Answer

The online services (TDAmeritrade, E*Trade) offer training tools from their service sites. I had used those offered by TDA many times to "train" myself, or should I say "educate" myself. Found them to be very helpful, BUT you still have to make the buy/sell decision alone. I did make some money, but it's always a gamble, of course. Good Luck!

It takes years for someone to get good enough to trade online. So don't do it just to make more income. YOU WON'T.

Instead read and study up on the subject as much as you can first. While doing this try some paper trading to get a feel for how it works.

I know it sounds like easy money, and it is easy money for the large brokerage houses who have computers that out think you all day long.

So start slow and plan your trade and trade your plan. Just like you would a business. Because it is one for the people you are trading against.

Good Luck

• Maria

How involved do you want to be in your investment. If you want daily involvement, learn technical analysis of the stock market. Paper trade for a while. Do not try this with real money until you have learned to sell your loosers to keep your losses small and learned how to pick stocks with higher probability of being winners. It is easier to loose money in the stock market than to make money! If you do not want this type of involvement, place your funds into mutuals and let someone else get most of the profits. Having a broker will provide some guidance for stock picking, but they will be charging you an arm+leg for the service. I found out that I could do as well without them. Best of luck to you. Having luck is executing with a prepared mind.

Here are some useful resources:

USEFUL BOOKS:

> Security Analysis by Benjamin Graham and David Dodd

> Contrarian Investing: the Next Generation by David Dreman

> The Aggressive Conservative Investor by Marty Whitman

> Buffettology by Mary Buffett

RESEARCH WEBSITES

- Yahoo Finance

- Google Finance

- Morningstar

PRACTICE TRADING/LEARN FROM OTHERS

- Xearn

STOCK BROKERS

- E-Trade

- Scott Trade

- Ameritrade

- Schwab

- Fidelity

Before you think about "supplementing" your income, you better educate yourself with investing. Yes you can try investools.com but you should also get into the habit of reading (daily) msn money.com and you can read Yahoo finance.There are several books that can help _"Beating the Street"-"One Up on Wall Street" both by Peter Lynch; "What Works on Wa;; Street"-James O'Shaunessey; "Trading for a Living:"-Alexander Elder" The Discipline Trader"-Mark Douglas. Educate, Educate yourself before you make any move

Source(s): 45 Years of experince

Check out;

http://www.investools.com/

Also checkout;

www.thinkorswim.com

Also;

http://webreprints.djreprints.com/1662510805516.pd...

Also;

The books suggested by A Nobody are great. Add two to the list and you'll do fine; "Mastering The Trade" by John Carter & "Trading In The Zone" by Mark Douglas.

Go to the library and read some books about investing. Then you will know the next step to take.

A rookie without knowledge is like a chicken and a fox trying to dance.

Hello Bambina:

This would be a good place to look as a start

http://www.investools.com/

all the best to you