Best and Worst Concert Experience?

Mine:

Best- Ozzie with Randy Rhoades

Worst- Went to see Leon Russell and Osmonds came out instead!

Best Answer

WORST - Flying by myself to NYC from Florida to see Aerosmith in concert. Concert cancelled. I cried so hard calling the front desk at the Marriott Marquis on Bway (the concert was in East Rutherford NJ) to see if I could stay longer that the Hotel manager sent me up an expensive bottle of wine on the house.

BEST - Being backstage at an Aerosmith show with my kids who were 8 & 10. Steven appears grabs my kids hands and says Walk This Way. We went to his dressing room for 45 minutes. My son (remember he is 10 but a MAJOR fan) asks Steven "Mr. Tyler why do you need the teleprompter to read the lyrics to your songs?" Steven replies "Well Jesse, if you had beautiful woman taking their shirts off showing their titZ you would forget the lyrics too"

OyVay but what an experience both of them!

I guess it would have to be the infamous Rolling Stones concert at Altamont. Although the music was great all day, as it got dark the mood went south- the Hells Angels (concert security) clashed repeatedly with the crowd at the front of the stage, causing repeated interruptions in the performances. By the time the Stones came on the situation was pretty frenzied; every few minutes we had to back up several feet as the Angels waded into the crowd swinging pool cues, then we'd all move back up until the next incident. We found out the next day that a kid (17 yrs old) from my high school had been killed. From a musical standpoint, it was excellent, but as an experience it was very unpleasant.

Best: The Flaming Lips on New Years Eve 2008 in Oklahoma City (their hometown). I can't even begin to decribe how incredible a show the lips put on.

Worst: Smash Mouth and Sugar Ray back in 1996 or 1997. Smash Mouth opened the show with "walking on the sun" which was their only hit at the time and filled the rest of the show with absolute crap. Sugar Ray at least had the decency to save their one hit for the end of the show, except that the sound went out during the first 30 seconds of the song and only the people up front got to hear the end of the show. (which wasn't such a bad thing...) The lead singer spent a lot of time asking people in the audience where he could score some meth.

2nd worst - drove 2 hours in a blinding snowstorm to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Gnarls Barkley. We got all the way to the arena before they cancelled the show. 2 months later, drove the same 2 hours to see the makeup show, but instead of Gnarls Barkley, there was this godawful white rapper called Mickey Avalon. Later the Chili Peppers told the audience how crappy they were for booing Mickey after every song.

Best - KISS any of the 15 times I've seen them since 1979.

Worst - Def Leppard in the mid 80's. The band was great but the overall experience was bad because it was at an outdoor theater in Alpine Valley Wisconsin. It rained heavy for about 24 hours before the band played and the slopped hilly grass area we had to stand on was just a big mud slide.

• So far the worst was going to see Saves the Day headline and instead Say Anything ended up headlining. Saves the Day was still amazing, but my disappointment was BEYOND my happiness when I figured out what the F*** was going on.

I think forever, my best concert experience was Taking Back Sunday. I fought some drunk chick right before Angels&Airwaves came on so that I could be in the front row, got her kicked out of the pit and Adam Lazzara was like 10 feet away from me most of the time and he climbed up the side and hung upside down for like HALF of a song. It was the greatest night of my life. I hope my wedding can measure up. lol

(and Stephan A. I've met Cove and hes SUPER nice... but you're right, hes no Ant Green.)

Best - INXS Sept. 4, 1997

Worst - Methods of Mayhem. So NOT my music, and I think Tommy Lee believes a bit too much of his own hype, but Stephen Perkins (Jane's Addiction, Porno for Pyros) was playing drums on the tour, and I really wanted to see him play. I had to sit through Crazy Town who had that god awful song "Butterfly." Ugh. And I had to deal with a bunch of dumb as$ Tommy Lee fans - the young new ones - who think moshing is all about hurting people. Thankfully, I got up to the balcony where I didn't have to worry about some dumb 16 year old's elbow in my eye. (I was in my 20s, and I'm under 5' tall, so it's a real concern.)

Also, worked a Violent Femmes show in college, and I was really looking forward to it. They were quite uneventful. I was disappointed. Everyone who's ever seen them says they are great live so maybe they just had an off night.

Best: Probably about 1991 I think I saw a show called Clash of the Titans, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Alice in Chains. Had 5th row tickets, during Slayer the crew came out to remove the first 5 rows of seats to create a pit, my brother and I helped them out, after Slayer finished one of the crew guys came back out and gave us a bunch of Slayer guitar picks, drums sticks and such. That was kinda cool.

Worst: lolapalooza 93 Alice in Chains, primus, rage against the machine among others Tool on the small stage. The show itself was great.

I think the attendance was around 30,000 or so, During Alice in Chains I was near the front, probably 30 ft. away from the stage, an absolute sea of people, not really a pit just all crammed together, I happened to step just the wrong way......and had my knee go sideways! Obviously I went down, the guy next to me grabbed me right away to help me up, my knee popped back in....but the damage was done!

Best-Aerosmith any of the 13 times I've seen them

Worst-Rolling Stones Soldier Field 1978, not for how they played, but because it was general seating on the field with 78.000 people, almost got crushed when they came out to play, was literally picked off my feet and pushed towards the stage, very scary.

BEST: The fact that i got to see Iron Maiden's final tour to Australia only 3 weeks ago... Best gig ever...

WORST: Machine Head played with Arch Enemy and Trivium who where both unbeleivable but then Machine Head came out and they where all so drunk they sucked i was very disapointed...

best was Tool playing a little hole in the wal in Nashiville right when Undertow came out..I was tripping balls and it was an intense show

worst by far was G&R on the Use your illusion tour when they played a horse track in Birmingham,Al. Axl was drunk and left stage repeatedly because people were throwing **** on stage. Ona positive note, Skid Row kicked freaking A$$ that show as the opening act