What has this R&S section done for your tolerance towards other belief groups?

In my personal environment religion was never a subject. Teachers, friends, parents: they were probably all atheists. From most I hardly even know, it just never was a topic. I met the occasional Muslim, who were always very tolerant and open-minded. My vision was, of course, very blurred by the news. Seeing the... show more In my personal environment religion was never a subject. Teachers, friends, parents: they were probably all atheists. From most I hardly even know, it just never was a topic. I met the occasional Muslim, who were always very tolerant and open-minded.

My vision was, of course, very blurred by the news. Seeing the "God hates fags" people, seeing the Rushdie fatwa, etc, etc, had made me somewhat intolerant of religious ideas.

When I first came to this section, it got worse. I saw many, many intolerant religious posts. It was, of course, also my yearning for sensation and the urge to prove my own prejudice to myself, to click mostly on such questions.

There was this Christian, Contemplative_Chanteuse, who kept answering all my weird questions with an overdose of Christian empathy. And from there on I found many more religious posts from loving people. Hence, I grew tolerance and respect.

How about you?