does your water break if you drink a lot of water ??

does your water break if you drink a lot of water in you third trimester.?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no....drinking alot of water does not make your water break

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The water in the term "breaking of water" when pregnant refers to amniotic fluid. While it does have some water in it, amniotic fluid is not really water at all. Actually in the later part of the pregnancy, amniotic fluid is made up mostly of the baby's urine and old skin cells. You can drink a lot of water and the only thing that will happen is you have to pee a lot.

• 1 decade ago

No, it doesn't. It breaks when it's time for your baby to be born. However, drinking water is very important for the body, whether she's pregnant or not.

*Edit: It's not a silly question, so ignore the person whose only reply was that. We learn by asking.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. You are supposed to drink a lot of water when pregnant, but it's not going to break your water.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Are you serious? No, it doesn't. Your "water" isn't actually water but amniotic fluid. And the water you drink doesn't really go in there. It goes through the umbilical cord into the baby to feed him/her, but not into your placenta.

Source(s): mom of 3
  • Ann S
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It breaks when it is ready. It has nothing to do with what you drink.

• 1 decade ago

HA HA HA! Good one. If you are 36 weeks or farther, try to have sex (doggy style). I only heard. Do some squats too. Your "water" and water are two different things. Mine broke because i gagged myself brushing my teeth and it made me throw up!!

• Amanda
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I wish! But i wonder if there is anything else that would get this baby out!

• 1 decade ago

Now who told you that? Not hardly

• 1 decade ago

The baby is in your uterus, not your stomach o.O

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.