Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

What's wrong with smoking a lot of weed?

I've been smoking weed since I was 13, on and off, and then it became an everyday thing since I was 17, and now I'm 21. I LOVE IT! I smoke a blunt at least once a day, and not a joint, a full blunt, and I only smoke haze, kush, or dro, I hate greenz! I mean, weed is appropriate for any occasion! If I have a fuked up day, I need a blunt, if I have a great day, I smoke a blunt, if I'm stressed, I need a blunt, if I get some good news, celebrate with a blunt, if I'm bored, a blunt helps pass the time, if I'm sick, a blunt makes me feel better, if I'm hanging out with my friends, we all bring a blunt to cypher, I NEVER GO WRONG WITH WEED! Is anyone else like me? By the way, I work, I'm a full-time college student and I always do what I have to do. If it's not affecting my life in a negative way, why stop??? Give me your opinion!

and now I'm rolling a blunt and I'm going to smoke it while I read your answers ;)

Favorite Answer

yay! i thought i was the only one with this habit. a blunt is good for absolutely ANY occasion. if your pissed or happy or anything. i feel as long as it doesnt affect your work or school habits you dont have a problem. and there has never been a death from smoking weed...EVER so there really is nothjing wrong with it. its no good for the lungs but ciggarettes are worse. Im 21 as well and i smoke probably 3-7 blunts a day i wanna cut down becsue im not rich but i love it. Keep smoking there aint nothing wrong with it!!! and hopefully sooon it will be legalized!

It's all in how your body handles it. Yes obviously smoking anything is not exactly good for your body, but it's not as bad as smoking a pack or more of cigarettes a day. It does kill some brain cells but I don't think it makes you stupid. I smoke every day... have for many many years now. And I've also worked in the pharmaceutical industry for over 9 years now with very respectful positions and a lot of responsibility... and most of my co workers along the years smoke as well.

Don't listen to people who have never even educated themselves on the subject but feel they can advise you on how horribly wrong and bad it is for you just because their parents or their religion says so...

HOWEVER I never recommend it to anyone under age. I do believe you should be out of high school at the very least and deciding where you want to go with life before you decide you want to sit home and toke bud all day... and I believe that you need to be a responsible individual - i.e. - get your butt up and go to work every day, or school or whatever the case may be. You can't just sit home and do nothing but smoke every day... but if you do what needs to be done and take care of you then there is no issue.

Alot Of Weed

What you complaining bout. I don't know how to answer this question. I think your stupid but i can't blame the weed. Weed is not addictive and doesn't effect people in a negative way. Some brain cells loss but not enough to effect you at all. it is illegal last time i remember (get it). That's da only side effect.

pass it to me bro ;)

The only thing about weed that is bad is when people use it as a substitute for a life.

Just like alcohol, people can use weed to numb themselves from reality

but unlike alcohol Cannabis can also be used to make life funner, less stressful and more interesting thru meditative and almost spiritual means

Too many people will smoke tons and just sit around and it makes weed look bad

Nothing at all. As long as you don't let it ruin your life.... which it doesn't sound like you do. I'm the same way, and I go to work every day, and take care of what I need to take care of. And, it's not like if you smoke and then get in your car, you're going to kill someone, like you could if you were drunk instead. It's probably the safest drug to use, so as long as you're responsible about it, SMOKE UP & HAVE FUN!!!!!

And you don't think there is anything wrong with that? Even when you are wrong you won't know it. How would anyone tell you to step out of your box and reach for higher grounds when you think you are already out of your box and you are doing great. It is a lost cause....Listen to yourself and read what you wrote...IT HAS CONSUMED YOUR LIFE AND EVERYTHING YOU DO...If you can't stop for a day talk less of a week, then you DO need professional help and I advise that you seek it because you have an addiction. I am not trying to be judgmental, just calling it as I see it.

I don't know that the weed itself is a problem, but addictions generally are not healthy - no matter what it is.

Also, what will you do when the buzz from weed doesn't do it for you anymore? Is the high you get now as good as it was when you first started?

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awDo0

No it's not wrong to ask him to stop (he won't), and no, he isn't going to simply grow out of it. Drop that drug addict and find yourself a man who actually has plans in life.

Not affecting your life in a negative way? Do you get your weed for free? If so carry on, if not don't you think the money you spend could be spent in more responsible ways? At one time I was just like you smoked for every reason I could come up with. I tried every drug known to man until I discovered Meth. That's what took over my life for 5 years, until I kicked it 4 years ago. I never believed that pot was the "gateway drug" but it was. I'm not going to tell you to quit or even try to convince you you should, that's your choice and yours alone. However you won't convince me that it has NO negative affect on your life, you just haven't got there yet. When your ready to quit go get Rational Recovery by Jack Trimpy Barnes and Noble carry it.

Source(s): Recovered User, Drug counseler at a mens residentual treatmant center.